Ocado Group’s mission is to transform online grocery through cutting-edge technology and automation. Our pioneering Ocado Smart Platform (OSP), which combines our proprietary end-to-end software systems with our physical fulfilment assets, offers grocery retailers a faster, more flexible, cost-efficient and low-risk way to develop an online grocery business.
We currently have partnerships in place with M&S (UK), Groupe Casino (France), Sobeys (Canada), ICA Gruppen (Sweden), Kroger (US), Coles Supermarkets (Australia) and Aeon (Japan) - with plans for future growth.
Within Ocado Group sits Platform Implementation, whose mission is ‘to orchestrate the implementation of Ocado’s platforms globally’. This department focuses on the full programme management life cycle of the implementation of our highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) - from pre-deal, through to the design, construction, installation, testing and ‘go-live’ phases (with all the process and portfolio management in between). This department is instrumental in ensuring we deliver these CFCs on time, to budget, and to the specific requirements of each client.
Mixed up retail and group. Many answers were coordinator focused and not planning focused. Looking at the activity log I do not believe this is the candidates fault as the emails he has been sent call the role "Project Planning Coordinator".
The Supplier Performance and Development team is responsible for the smooth transition of Ocado’s engineering systems, developed by our Product Development team, into manufacture. Once successfully in manufacture the product will be handed over to Ocado’s Engineering Supply Chain team, who manage ongoing manufacture.
Working across the Engineering and Supply Chain team, closely with our stakeholders the Responsible Sourcing Manager will be responsible for designing, developing and deploying process based approach to responsible and sustainable sourcing across all tiers of our Supply Chain.
What will you be doing?
- Complete the development of Ocado business policies and systems within Engineering and Supply Chain
- Design, Develop and Deploy a framework for supplier risk assessment, due diligence procedures and investigations/audits
- Design, Develop and Deploy CSR ethics and compliance KPI’s and associated reporting mechanisms
- Creation of an ethical culture and champion/lead a compliance mind set within Engineering and Supply Chain
- Create an agreed risk assessment and due diligence process for the Group's suppliers
- Manage CSR enquiries from internal and external stakeholders
- Support all functions in processes and operations, including data analytics, preparation of papers, reports and presentations
- Drive best practice in Engineering and Supply Chain and deliver continuous improvement
- Effectively lead and manage suppliers, interested parties and third party auditor
- Demonstrable experience of embedding CSR frameworks within FTSE multinational companies (preferably within an Engineering or Technology type business)
- Proven track record in compliance program element ownership, issue management and governance practices (incl. Emerging Markets)
- Subject Matter Expertise in frameworks such as Responsible Business Authority (RBA), SA8000, Sedex, ETI base code, etc.
- Subject Matter Expertise with agile CSR tool frameworks such as Ecovadis
- Strong compliance/CSR programme experience along with a firm understanding of relevant laws, regulations, and regulatory bodies, including the compliance requirements and the risks associated with these areas
- Strong track record of global component sourcing and supply chain scaling
- Proven track record in effective multi-scale supplier development and management
- Development and execution of internal (e.g. e-learning) training programmes
- High level of computer literacy with Microsoft Office, Google Docs and ERP software
Preferred (in addition to minimum)
- CIPS or equivalent qualification
- EICC/RBA Lead Auditor (IRCA Registered) qualification
- ISO45001 Lead Auditor
- ISO14001 Lead Auditor
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds. All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Please note that unfortunately we are unable to cover the cost of your visa at this time. We do cover the relevant company costs for visa sponsorship. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better……