With the continued evolution of Ocado in the UK and also our significant growth internationally, we have been thinking about what the business needs from a people partnering perspective and how we can more effectively develop and support the business. As of the 1st December, we will launch the new Regional Partnering model and have a newly created role for a Country People Lead UK. In this role, you will provide leadership to the UK People Partnering team within Ocado Group, managing a team of People Partners and Advisors in the new regional model.
As the Country People Lead UK, you will be accountable for ensuring a quality and timely delivery of people initiatives across our UK locations, excluding Ocado Logistics and Ocado Technology. You will need to apply high-quality people partnering practices through this role, as well as supporting delivery via the team.
Reporting to the Head of Regional People, you will act as the overall UK owner of cross-mission policy developments or initiatives, working in close collaboration with the UK Leads in Ocado Logistics and Ocado Technology.
If you are an inspirational leader and you can apply the principles of product mindset to solve problems and work collaboratively with your peers, whilst utilising data and trend analysis to work in partnership across the business ensuring data is at the core to drive decisions, please read on and apply.
So what's the role?
- Line management and development of a team of People generalists, with experiences ranging from Advisor to Partner.
- Manages team resources and workflow to ensure quality and timely delivery, whilst maintaining strong team health and high levels of engagement.
- Acts as a spokesperson for the UK team, championing their voice within the regional leadership team, the Strategic Partnering team and other groups across the People function.
- Leads the UK Heads of People Partnering forum; chairing meetings, driving agendas and follow through actions, etc
- Applies and uses the principles and methodologies of project and product management to drive the delivery of initiatives.
- Builds and applies strong knowledge of relevant and related external products, keeping up to date with UK market trends and opportunities.
- Proactively monitors the UK marketplace (e.g. to assess external problems UK businesses or industries are facing) and reports to senior management in the People function with recommendations / proposals on actions or initiatives.
- Works collaboratively with all stakeholders and in particular with the UK Leads in Logistics and Technology; to ensure timely input, active consultation and alignment on approach; to identify any required differences, etc.
- Supports the leadership of our roadmap and goals across the UK; challenges the priorities of what we are delivering and ensures delivery remains on-track, risk is managed and value added.
- Leverages established relationships to act as the voice of the business, supporting the loop of continuous improvement across COE and Strategic Partnering teams.
- Recognises where risk and issues may impact other initiatives in the delivery pipeline, and drives solutions to de-risk.
- Provides case support to team members, ensuring the teams handle case work consistently and to a high-standard.
- May actively own certain aspects of casework, typically where cases are particularly complex and/or at very senior levels.
- Utilises employee data and trend analysis to educate and work in partnership with own teams and other stakeholders (e.g. PLT, Strategic People Partners, COEs, Group Operations, etc)
- Ensures data sits at the core of decisions made within the UK team and that the team members have a high level of data literacy.
What are we looking for?
- Previous experience of leading and developing HR / People professionals.
- Experience of working with department-head level stakeholders (or more senior).
- Proven background in a People Partner or HR Manager role with excellent relationship and stakeholder management skills; the ability to influence is key.
- Strong knowledge of UK employment legislation and experience applying this.
- Comfortable with data, showing an analytical capability to make informed decisions and anticipate business priorities.
- Experience spanning multi-sectors within the UK, e.g. Retail, Technology,
- Experience with core people processes such as pay reviews, talent management, employee engagement.
- Experience of working in an international organisation is desirable
- Knowledge of product management methodologies is highly desirable
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry also means transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, paternity and maternity leave, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and family friendly offers.