Ocado Group’s mission is to transform online grocery through cutting-edge technology and automation. Our pioneering Ocado Smart Platform (OSP), which combines our software systems with our physical fulfilment assets, offers grocery retailers a faster, more flexible, cost-efficient and low-risk way to develop an online grocery business.
This key Finance Business Partner role sits within Commercial Finance Technology, part of the Ocado Group Finance team. The role partners with the Technology People team and supports c. 2,500 employees in six different countries.
So what will you be doing?
- Supporting and partnering with the Technology People team and commercial business teams to provide oversight and challenge on investment cases
- Working with Ocado’s Reporting Centre of Excellence to review, challenge and improve the period end reports and information - with a focus on anticipating and identifying business drivers and metrics to give insight to the Technology Board
- Co-ordinating the contributions to period end reports, budgets and forecasts from Technology Finance Business Partners
- Supporting the management of budgeting and forecasting across Technology
- Working with key Technology stakeholders to assist in the preparation of their detailed budgets and forecasts
- Identifying financial risks and opportunities using your commercial understanding of the business and explaining these to the senior finance team
- Assisting in ad hoc tasks requested by the Finance Manager(s) and Head of Finance
- Supporting the identification and implementation of improvements to business and financial processes
- Managing and developing one direct report
What we'd like to see:
- Qualified CIMA / ACA/ CA / ACCA accountant, ideally +2 years PQE
- Minimum 2:1 degree and a strong academic record
- Advanced spreadsheet skills
- Experience of reporting, management accounts, budgeting and forecasting
- Experience of working in a dynamic environment and a desire to implement change
- Ability to prioritise and have a flexible approach
- Excellent communication skills to work effectively with all functions of the business, both financial and non-financial
- Self-motivated and proactive with an eye for detail, confident to challenge business partners and comfortable operating in an environment of substantial change
Preferred Experience (in addition to minimum)
- Business process/system transformations
- Global business within Engineering/Technology sectors
- Mainstream accounting packages e.g. Oracle and Hyperion
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds..All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday, 15% discount on your weekly ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…...