At Ocado, we are on a mission to change the way the world shops. Having developed a unique end-to-end operating solution for online grocery retail, we have been undergoing a period of rapid growth both in the UK and internationally.
We are now looking for an experienced employment Legal Counsel to join Ocado at this exciting time to provide the business with commercial solutions to its employment law issues as the business transforms and expands internationally.
This is a full time, fixed term position expected to last for 12 months.
What will you be doing...
- Report to the Head of Legal, Employment and Immigration, and support the wider Legal, Governance and Intellectual Property Team
- Advise on all UK and international employment law matters.
- Provide day-to-day employment law advice to the business on the full range or employment law related issues including recruitment, compensation and benefits, diversity, performance management, absence management, internal investigations, disciplinary matters, grievances and terminations.
- Liaise with and manage local counsel in multiple jurisdictions to provide practical and commercial employment law advice, ensuring compliance with local legal requirements.
- Provide assistance when required on UK employment litigation.
- Support on change programmes, including restructuring, redundancy and TUPE consultations.
- Draft and review employment related provisions in commercial contracts.
- Support corporate M&A activity when required.
- Develop and deliver employment law training to the People team and other stakeholders.
- Review and draft employment related policies and procedures.
- Stay abreast of change to employment law changes that may impact the business and supporting any change related activity.
- Support and advise on employee privacy and data protection issues, alongside the data privacy team
- Assist other members of the legal team on various projects, as required.
- Qualified solicitor with specialism in Employment Law with between 4-6 years post qualification experience. (Candidates outside this range who can demonstrate their ability to perform the duties of the role will still be considered).
- Previous experience within an in-house legal team.
- Excellent knowledge of all aspects of UK employment law and good working knowledge of international employment law.
- Experience of liaising with international legal counsel and coordinating advice.
- Identifying a commercial approach and understanding business needs.
- Good academic qualifications.
- Clear drafting technique.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise workload.
- Sound decision making.
- Good business acumen, commercially astute.
- Personable, with ability to work well within a team environment and build relationships.
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds..All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday, 15% discount on your weekly ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…...