Ocado Group is now truly a technology led global software and robotics platform business providing a unique end-to-end solution for online grocery partners on a global scale. Ocado Group has entered into agreements with global partners to build and operate more than 50 Customer Fulfilment Centres in the coming years.
Our internal audit function supports across the business and is looking for a Senior Programme Assurance Auditor to join the team. Acting as a trusted advisor, you'll assist in building and cultivating effective business relationships while providing independent value-added programme assurance and advisory services. Importantly, you will perform programme assurance reviews with a focus on assessing business risks, processes and evaluating internal controls to provide an independent appraisal of programme governance. The role will also assist the Technology Audit Team in the performance and delivery of independent assessments of Ocado Group IT infrastructure, applications and processes.
What you will be doing?
- Plan, deliver and lead Programme Assurance Audits and Advisory Audit assignments in accordance with the requirements specified by the Technology Audit Managers.
- Assist in the performance and delivery of audits in line with the established plan.
- To assess Programme Assurance audit results and to provide assurance on the effectiveness of the control framework, identifying issues and making appropriate recommendations.
- To help raise awareness of programme and project risk, control and compliance requirements in the business and to provide independent advice and to assist in ensuring that recommendations for control improvements are delivered.
- Provide regular updates and communication to managers about the progress of work and any significant issues that may arise.
- To ensure work is completed to a high standard (through guidance) which enables external auditors to place reliance on the work performed by Internal Audit.
- To maintain workpapers which are self explanatory and strive for continuous improvement by clearing manager review points promptly.
- Add value across the organisation and build relationships.
- Support Programme Assurance Auditors in their role to deliver assigned audits by providing guidance and advice where required.
- Assist the Technology Audit team coverage of Programme Assurance by looking for opportunities and taking ownership to advance the Audit methodology.
What would we like to see?
- Previous experience in leading end to end programme assurance/project management audits in line with recognised standards (e.g. APM, PMBOK)
- Demonstrate understanding of IT audit methods, techniques and internal control. Ideally the candidate will have working experience of IT risk assurance.
- Ability to work as part of a team to produce results and deliver.
- Possess a good level of report writing skills
- Experience of building relationships and strong communication skills
- Be competent at using MS office / Google Workspace as well as collaboration tools such as Slack /JIRA
- Have high integrity and the ability to challenge the status quo, but also have maturity, sound judgement and sensitivity
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with peers and management
- Culturally aware. An ability to work in a commercial environment and adapt to a changing environment
- Ideal candidate would hold qualifications in Audit / Project Management (e.g. CAPM, PMP), have knowledge of BCP / DR, Cloud applications and Agile methodology
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better……