We have an exciting opportunity for a People Advisor to join the Group Operations People Team.
This is a fantastic career opportunity for anyone that is looking to further develop their career in people and the world of generalist HR. You will have the chance to focus on exciting projects whilst collaborating with your People Partner and the wider team, whilst supporting stakeholders on people solutions such as engagement, L&D interventions, talent management and many more.
In this role you will work closely with our Group Operation function to provide an end-to-end People generalist service. You will be the first line support for many of our employees and managers, working on key practical people initiatives with line managers focusing on both immediate and long term objectives.
If you're a self starter, resilient and agile, thrive when coaching your stakeholders and you know your stuff when it comes to employment legislation then please read on and apply!
Please note: We have several opportunities for People Advisors across the business so please reach out, apply and we will be in contact with you shortly.
What will I be doing?
- Providing first line HR/People support for Group Operations employees and line managers.
- Provide pragmatic and professional expertise and advice on HR topics such as performance and conduct, family policies, diversity awareness in a timely and commercial manner
- Provide HR support to Management in absence, disciplinary, grievance and appeal meetings; provide performance management expertise and assistance to ensure a high performing team who enhance brand reputation
- Interpret and advise on relevant current employment legislation
- Coach and assist managers to understand and effectively implement HR policies, procedures and best practices.
- Support the People Partner in the management and roll out of people orientated projects.
- Work with the recruitment team to ensure all recruitment needs for the client group are managed effectively
- Work with the People Operations and People Services team to ensure the effective delivery of transactional HR activities for Group Operations, ensuring that a high quality service is provided and SLA targets are met.
- Working with the People Partner to develop practical people strategies which address business objectives - eg recruitment, retention, performance, development
- Work with the Learning and Development and Talent teams team to deliver and support learning and development activities relevant to the client base
- Attend and contribute to team meetings both with key customers and within HR; lead and participate in project and working groups on initiatives across both HR and the client base
- Utilise employee data and trend analysis to educate and work in partnership with Line Managers on people issues, eg absence management, attrition rates, focussing on retention.
- You will already have proven experience in a generalist HR role supporting stakeholders on Employee Relations and Employment Legislation
- Be knowledgeable in employment legislation and up and coming changes.
- Experience of working with professional services stakeholder groups is highly desirable.
- Demonstrable influencing and skills to effectively build working relationships across the business and wider team.
- Confident presentation skills with experience of using systems such as MS Office or ideally Google Suite.
- Prior experience of utilising HR databases and systems.
- Experience of working with employee data to educate and influence stakeholders is highly desirable.
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry also means transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday, 15% discount on your weekly ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and family friendly offers.