We currently have an exciting opportunity for a passionate Supply Chain professional to join our busy team as a Supply Chain Performance Manager on a permanent basis in Hatfield. (remote working)
The main purpose of this role is to deliver the strategic direction and plans for the Supply Chain Performance Team through negotiation and engagement with both internal and external partners. They will support with the direction of the SC Excellence operation including inventory profile, presentation and operational efficiency within a scorecard based environment, across all sites and reviewing their activity and optimising processes to drive:
- Create efficiency savings through analytical and creative thinking to improve on Supply Chain’s KPIs
- Complete ownership and management of the inbound profile. Understanding the inbound hard limits and ensuring that Ocado does not break them by creating internal and external processes, as well as working with internal and external stakeholders to flow product in effectively at both a macro and micro level
- Leading the Supply Chain Performance function which includes total management of the supplier manual, the cost recovery processes and driving inbound efficiencies.
- Responsible for management of inbound volumes and stock holding across all Ocado CFC’s.
- Lead and direct the operational efficiency projects. Ensuring that the net margin benefits are supported by evidence and that projects are chosen made on a priority basis which best suits the businesses needs
- Work internally and externally to ensure continued business growth and KPI standards
- Create and drive long term strategic goals that will produce cost savings and efficiencies across the operation
- Forge strong and sustainable relationships and maintain high levels of accuracy with suppliers and third party partners in all areas
of the business e.g. product data, transportation, inbound process
- Initiate and develop relationships with senior CFC managers to facilitate a feedback route for all supply chain/supplier issues.
- Proactively engage operational and retail departments to understand and balance their needs with inventory efficiency
- Team building, leadership and motivation including performance development reviews (personal and personnel) objective setting
- Monitoring and reporting activity progress and making adjustments based on strategic goals including delivery of agreed budgeted saving
- Ensuring clarity around priorities and goals for the entire functional area
- Manage mass storage seasonal projects enhancing outbound customer fulfilment
- Development and launch of supplier compliance process
- Analysis of the supply chain KPIs to understand the key drivers of the KPIs and providing direction on how the compliance team
can drive improvement
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- A strong track record in an FMCG or commercial supply chain and a proven ability working within a KPI driven environment
- Previous management experience in a challenging and fast paced environment
- Ability to influence effectively and build constructive working relationships across the business
- A proactive team player, polite, helpful and approachable and willing to share information, knowledge and skills with others. Ability to fit in and guide others in the team and wider business
- Drive & enthusiasm, demonstrating ability to adapt to fast pace and rapid change and resourcefulness when faced with challenges
- Ability to work under pressure, maintaining accuracy & keeping to deadlines
This role has many focus areas and may change and evolve as the business changes. This is a creative role, and gives opportunities to develop a range of skills including project management, communication/presentation, cross functional working, relationship building and cost saving responsibility and general supply chain promotion across the business.
What will I get in return?
- Competitive salary and benefits including Free Shares and Life Assurance
- 15% off your Ocado shopping
- Onsite subsidised café and company shop offering discounts of up to 70% on groceries from leading brands and major retailers
- Private Healthcare
- National discounts including Vodafone, Merlin Attractions, Cineworld, Enterprise Car Hire and many more
- Enhanced Pension scheme - matching up to 7% of your contributions
- Employee Assistance Programme
At Ocado, in everything we do, we strive to offer the very best to our customers - the best service, the best quality and the very best customer experience. That begins with each and every one of us and how we behave.
Our values are Ocado’s DNA; they act as a guide for everything we say and do. ‘The Ocado Way’ develops our values into the details about the way we do things - how we act and work together with each other and our customers. It describes how you need to behave at work to make a real and positive impact on our success.
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better.