About Ocado Technology
“We are on a mission: to transform the future of online grocery through cutting-edge technology innovation.”
Ocado Technology is changing the way the world shops using advanced Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Robotics, Big Data, Cloud and IoT. We develop the innovative software and hardware systems that power Ocado.com, as well as the unique ‘Ocado Smart Platform’ which is being implemented by ambitious retailers across the world from Europe to America, Asia and beyond.
We build everything in-house: from intelligent, frictionless e-commerce platforms to highly automated warehouses, our employees are skilled specialists with expertise across a wide range of technologies. We’re working on cutting-edge innovations that are shaping the future of our society.
We are a fast-growing, global company. Today we have colleagues in development centre across the world - London, Hatfield, Welwyn Garden City (UK), Krakow, Wroclaw (Poland), Sofia (Bulgaria), Barcelona (Spain), Stockholm (Sweden), Las Vegas, San Francisco (USA) and Toronto (Canada).
We champion a value-led culture to get our teams working at their very best and to help create a collaborative working environment with inspiring projects that our people love. Core values of Trust, Autonomy, Craftsmanship, Collaboration and Learn Fast help drive our innovative culture. But don’t just take our word for it, have a look at what our people are saying about us on Glassdoor.
UX Community within Ocado Technology...
We are a growing team (+60 Uxers) with plenty of opportunities to work with other UXers and PMs on various initiatives. We also run regular community meetings to showcase our work and learn from others.
This UX role and the team you'd be working in...
You'll join the OSP UX Research Central team and the UXR Practice Team Lead in a continuous journey of learning and educating others. Our work goes beyond conducting interesting UX research pieces; we are responsible for advancing the UXR practice across OT, leading and guiding the UXR community across Ocado Technology.
We coordinate three internal UXR guilds.
The UXR OPS guild: Create and share knowledge and best practices on Research Operations, ensuring all processes required in each stage of the research lifecycle are followed.
The UXR Practice guild: Strengthen the UXR practice in OT by providing guidance, resources and inspiration for UX researchers to excel in their roles and do an excellent job.
The Democratising UXR guild: Help people learn more about UX research and allow them to conduct high-quality user research while promoting a user-centric mindset.
The central OSP UX team's focus:
- UX Leadership: Define and shape UX strategy (identity, mission & impact)
- Join the dots across OSP streams & drive design system success.
- UX guidance & support to help drive customer centricity (Research & Design)
- Establish UX Ops to help UX Research & Design teams maximise their impact
- Help develop UX craft and organisational maturity across Ocado Tech.
This role is an excellent opportunity for confident researchers to come and bring their initiatives to life; we are always up for experimentation and trial ideas.
For this UX Researcher role, we would love to hear from you if you have...
- Relevant industry experience or technology business
- An online case study(es) from your previous work.
- Strong communication skills.
- Solid experience with different research methodologies, from planning to applying findings.
- A strong champion for user research and customer-centricity.
- Passion for streamlining processes and developing best practices.
- Appreciation of the value of data with exposure to quantitative and qualitative research triangulation.
- Excellent problem-solving skills. We work with different teams covering very complex products.
- The ability to liaise with many stakeholders, keep the team informed of their progress and help others in their projects.
- The ability to take a project from the start and deliver it promptly, exceeding expectations with innovative experiences.
- Experience managing UXR participants, governance, knowledge, tools, competency and, advocacy.
- A strong team spirit and collaboration skills.
It would be great but not essential if you have...
- Experience in UX Research strategy or UX Research Ops.
What we offer you
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. We can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and;
- Flexible working patterns and options for remote working (depending on your role/team)
- Wellbeing support through Apps such as Unmind and an Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days annual leave, rising to 27 days after 5 years service (plus optional holiday purchase)
- Pension scheme (various options available including employer contribution matching up to 7%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 22 weeks paid maternity leave and 6 weeks paid paternity leave (once relevant service requirements complete)
- Train Ticket loan (interest-free)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free shuttle bus to and from Hatfield Train Station to the Hatfield offices [Only include for relevant roles]
- Free shuttle bus to and from Welwyn Garden City Train Station to the Welwyn Garden City offices [Only include for relevant roles]
- Opportunity to participate in Sharesave and Buy as You Earn share schemes
- 15% discount on Ocado.com and free delivery for all employees
- Income Protection (can be up to 50% of salary for 3 years) and Life Assurance (3 x annual salary)
We also have regular divisional socials, sports clubs not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, please submit your application below.
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Whilst we are able to offer visa sponsorship, please note that we are only able to cover the company-specific costs. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, vacancy close dates, when stated, are indicative and may be subject to change so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. If you have applied and been rejected for this role in the last 6 months, or applied and been rejected for a role with a similar skill set, we will not re-evaluate you for this position. After 6 months, we will treat your application as a new one. All benefits information is subject to change and the terms of the individual arrangements.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity above gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, disability or union participation. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and equally.