The candidate will be a key member of the External Reporting Team - reporting directly to Senior Finance Manager of Technical Accounting.
As a member of the External Reporting team the candidate will be responsible for the accurate and timely delivery of key financial reporting (including the Group’s Full Year Results, Half Year Results and Subsidiary entity accounts). The candidate will interact closely with colleagues across Finance and the wider business and will play an active role in shaping and developing the team while embedding a culture of strong controls and continuous improvement.
The Finance Manager will be required to support the Finance Department, responsible for the execution of the external reporting processes. This includes complying with Group reporting policy and providing policy guidance to the wider Finance community, liaising with the Group’s auditors, working closely with the wider Finance teams, and providing expert advice as required.
The candidate would also be required to support the Finance Department in ad hoc projects, strategic developments, process improvements, and other finance related projects driven by the growth of the business.
The position presents the opportunity and challenge of working in both a dynamic and exciting environment within the UK’s largest listed technology company, disrupting the world of online grocery and fulfilment. You must enjoy working in a rapidly evolving environment and help make positive changes to our processes
- A member of the External Reporting team responsible for managing a small team; providing support, direction and guidance related to External Reporting processes
- Embedding a strong controls culture in the team and one of continuous improvement
- Responsibility for the year end and half year end processes, ensuring reporting is prepared in accordance with IFRS and relevant statutory reporting requirements
- Responsibility for the preparation and presentation of all financial information within in the Annual Report
- Liaising with the relevant departments on the preparation of information for the year end audit and the interim review
- Responsibility for compliance with the audit process, ensure information requests and deadlines are met and accurate information is provided to the Group’s auditors on time
- Responsible for preparation of financial statement submissions for the Group’s subsidiaries and ensuing that filing deadlines are met
- Presenting reporting and submission updates to senior management and supporting on the preparation of updates to governance committees (Audit)
- Responsible for implementing and shaping financial reporting policy in conjunction with the technical accounting team, providing advice and guidance to the rest of the business in relation to financial reporting obligations and requirements
- Manage the implementation of new accounting standards and other external reporting requirements, working with colleagues across finance to embed the required processes
- Support in the development of relevant Ocado Group reporting policies and manuals, providing insight across Commercial Finance as well as other teams
- A key contributor to commercial projects such as acquisitions; providing guidance and advice on reporting implications
- Support ad hoc initiatives such as implementing better financial controls
- Qualified ACA including extensive time in a large-scale plc reporting environment (FTSE250+)
- Strong technical knowledge of IFRS and experience of preparing/auditing financial statements under IFRS
- Keen interest in financial reporting advancements and practical implications
- Some experience of ERP systems (e.g. Oracle Financials)
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds..All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday, 15% discount on your weekly ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…...