Ocado Group’s mission is to transform online grocery through cutting-edge technology and automation. Our pioneering Ocado Smart Platform (OSP), which combines our proprietary end-to-end software systems with our physical fulfilment assets, offers grocery retailers a faster, more flexible, cost-efficient and low-risk way to develop an online grocery business.
We currently have partnerships in place with M&S (UK), Groupe Casino (France), Sobeys (Canada), ICA Gruppen (Sweden), Kroger (US), Coles Supermarkets (Australia) and Aeon (Japan) - with plans for future growth.
Within Ocado Group sits Platform Implementation, whose mission is ‘to orchestrate the implementation of Ocado’s platforms globally’. This department focuses on the full programme management life cycle of the implementation of our highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) - from pre-deal, through to the design, construction, installation, testing and ‘go-live’ phases (with all the process and portfolio management in between). This department is instrumental in ensuring we deliver these CFCs on time, to budget, and to the specific requirements of each client.
The Infrastructure Implementation department is tasked with building and delivering the amazing products and infrastructure designed and developed by Ocado Technology. We deliver products and projects all over the UK and Europe and internationally, so multitasking and working across a range of projects at the same time and delivering to the highest quality is critical.
What will you be doing?
- Manage and coordinate support work of the Project Support team to ensure day to day project priorities and requirements are met.
- Utilise previous experience to challenge and improve existing practices and processes.
- Deliver a first class service focusing on satisfaction and responding to the deployment team’s needs.
- Act as primary point of contact for customer queries and concerns.
- Work alongside multiple other project teams to develop central process improvements and the roll out of exciting new developments across the global portfolio.
- Develop best practice and agreed standardised processes, tools, templates and ways of working.
- Participate and assist in implementation of projects as and when required.
- Identify and highlight emerging risks and issues that merit further investigation by the Implementation Team Leaders.
- Consider and develop team strategy, consider future planning of team growth and monitor team headcount.
- Set an example to other members of the team on the shared ownership of all tasks required to complete and deliver excellent quality projects.
- Gather technical requirements for office moves and suggesting suitable solutions to these requirements.
- Basic project planning and management /delivery of projects to timescales.
- A strong understanding of IT Infrastructure procurement.
- A good understanding of telecommunication service provider procedures so to ensure a smooth delivery of services.
- Extensive experience of leading, motivating, training and maintaining a technical/IT team
- Strong focus on providing excellent customer service.
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work well with a variety of personalities and style.
- Ability to provide IT/technical infrastructure support.
- Proficient in Google Apps and/or MS Office.
- Ability to produce succinct reports.
- Previous experience of working in a Project Support, or IT Lead role.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced, commercial environment or organisation.
- A rigorous approach to work and an eye for detail.
- Calm under pressure with good problem solving skills.
- Ability to chase suppliers for information and updates for the deployment teams and the implementation manager.
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
We are only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and provide a free shuttle bus from Hatfield Station to the office!
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds. All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more.
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Please note that unfortunately we are unable to cover the cost of your visa at this time. We do cover the relevant company costs for visa sponsorship. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better.