Ocado is the world leading innovator in online grocery shopping with a pioneering business model. We are developing our own technology and new customer propositions, opening multiple sites & warehouses, and engaging in new business partnerships.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join an exciting company and a bunch of smart, skilled and friendly people with extraordinary drive and passion.
You will be responsible for analysing customer sales and basket size trends and taking appropriate actions, working closely with trading team, planning analytics as well as contributing to the continuing improvement of the department’s tools, systems & practices. You will be encouraged to develop new skills and working practices in line with this exciting and evolving business.
- Analyse and understand dynamic forecasts
- Coordinate resource between operations across the UK to hit sales and efficiency targets
- Work closely with sales teams, operational teams and other planning teams
- Communicate effectively with various people in the business including Senior Management
- Provide reports to relevant departments within the business
- Ensure Competition Compliance Guidelines are followed
Skills & Experience
- Analytical mind, capable of resolving any issues in an effective manner
- Good verbal / written communication skills
- Advanced excel skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Comfortable working under pressure while completing multiple tasks
- Comfortable with working with large amounts of data
- Experience in operational planning
- Experience in forecasting
You may also be asked to perform tasks as required by management deemed as a reasonable request. This job description is a summary of the typical functions of the role, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of possible role responsibilities, tasks and duties and is subject to review. The responsibilities, tasks and duties of the job holder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, might form part of the job.
Why work for Ocado
At Ocado we define and measure our employees against following values:
- We are proud of what we do.
- We are in it together.
- We can be even better.
We strongly believe that the application of the above values on a day to day basis stimulates a harmonious, productive and responsible workforce that is dedicated and driven to achieve the business objectives whilst maintaining a pleasant and safe working environment for all to enjoy.
What will I get in return?
- Hybrid working patterns meaning part of the working week can be spent working remotely (typically 3 days per week);
- 30 days ‘working from anywhere’ policy;
- Wellbeing support through Apps such as Unmind and an Employee Assistance Programme;
- 30 days annual leave, rising to 32 days after 5 years’ service (plus optional holiday purchase);
- Pension scheme (various options available including employer contribution matching up to 7%);
- Private Medical Insurance;
- 22 weeks paid maternity leave and 6 weeks paid paternity leave (once relevant service requirements complete);
- Train Ticket loan (interest-free);
- Cycle to Work Scheme;
- Free shuttle bus to and from Hatfield Train Station to the Hatfield offices;
- Free shuttle bus to and from Welwyn Garden City Train Station to the Welwyn Garden City offices;
- Opportunity to participate in Sharesave and Buy as You Earn share schemes;
- 15% discount on Ocado.com and free delivery for all employees;
- Income Protection (can be up to 50% of salary for 3 years) and Life Assurance (3 x annual salary).