We require a Finance Manager to cover Maternity leave. This will be someone who is used to supporting direct reports, as we have three reporting into this role holder. We operate a hybrid working model and you can expect to be in the office twice a week in Hatfield.
Reporting to the Senior Finance Manager (Financial Accounting) the Finance Manager is responsible for managing the Country Analyst team within ‘Finance Excellence - Accounting’. Key responsibilities include managing and overseeing of the review, validation, substantiation and adjustment of both country and group general ledger balances, supporting period and yearly close processes and the disclosure of account balances in line with Group policies.
What you will be doing?
- Leading my team to undertake ongoing and monthly accounting activities including processing journal entries, balance sheet reconciliation, review & challenge and supporting monthly closure of accounting books and records
- Provide oversight and challenge to country teams
- Play a leading role in the year end process, ensuring the team is set up for success and that audit requests are dealt with swiftly
- Appointing and liaising with all local accountants and acting as the ‘Financial Controller’ of the overseas entities.
- Ensuring compliance with group accounting policy & practice
- Substantiating account/general ledger (country & group) balances and providing commentary as required
- Provision of technical accounting support to Country Analyst team (and an escalation route as required)
- Managing team over close / period end, delivering to the close calendar timelines
- Support (team) development/documentation of functional reporting requirements for technical teams
- Providing oversight; understand variances and proactively identify problems and opportunities to standardise, streamline and improve processes and accuracy
- Provide commentary to Commercial and other Finance teams (management reporting) providing insight and enabling business decision making
- Provision of accurate numbers for all disclosures in the annual report and statutory accounts (as required)
- Implementing and adhering to accounting policies set by the in-house technical team
- Support the global process owner for record to report processes by driving process efficiency, effectiveness and compliance working closely with the Continuous Improvement team
- Seek continuous improvement and constantly challenge the team to improve standards
- Drive process governance and measure process effectiveness
- Building and developing a high performing and engaged team, creating a culture of excellence
- Driving the professionalisation of Ocado reporting and raising the bar on quality
- Embed a culture of controls within the team, responsible for operating effectiveness of all key controls within the department’s processes and remediation of any control weaknesses
- Supporting audit reviews/processes as required
- Championing Ocado’s values and supporting personal development of team members
- Experience of leadership of a global financial operations environment with a track record of delivering effectiveness, efficiency and compliance targets / SLAs
- Relevant financial qualifications and understanding of relevant regulatory environments (IFRS16)
- In depth understanding of core financial processes and relevant systems
- Knowledge of accounting, tax and reporting standards & principles,
- Experience in a fast-paced global environment
- Experience in delivering great customer / user experience
- Experience in process improvement, automation
- Ability to develop team objectives dividing them into manageable tasks
- Able to coordinate and drive team members/outcomes
- Outcome focused; able to prioritise key activities
- Able to motivate team in striving to deliver service excellence
- Support continuous learning/improvement (for self and teams)
- Ability to provide insight, using multiple data sources to support decision making
- Ability to lead through change - coaching and supporting their teams
- Ability to build trusted relationships with their stakeholders/become a trusted partner to stakeholders
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds..All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday, 15% discount on your weekly ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…...