Within Ocado Group sits Platform Implementation, whose mission is ‘to orchestrate the implementation of Ocado’s platforms globally’. This department focuses on the full programme management life cycle of the implementation of our highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) - from pre-deal, through to the design, construction, installation, testing and ‘go-live’ phases (with all the process and portfolio management in between). This department is instrumental in ensuring we deliver these CFCs on time, to budget, and to the specific requirements of each client.
The Infrastructure Implementation Team is tasked with building and delivering the products and infrastructure designed and developed by Ocado Technology. We like to think that we are on the cutting edge of changing consumers' overall shopping experience. We don’t simply look at this as a grocery revolution, we look at this as changing what has been the status quo for over 100 years.
In this role you will guide and direct a disparate technical team consisting of intelligent and highly talented, technical individuals who are members of departmental teams within Platform Implementation. Developing and implementing the departmental strategy and integrating into the larger Construction and installation division.
What will you be doing?
- At a departmental level deliver on our mission to ensure a safe working environment for all of infrastructure Implementation.
- At a departmental level help to ensure that we keep on our mission, deliver all projects on time and budget safely, furthering the mission and evolving the mission to ensure agility across the department.
- Review technical issues and provide technical help and guidance across the department.
- Deputise for the Head of Department whilst traveling or out of the office.
- Closely align with the head of department on Strategy and progress that strategy.
- Work closely with the network and Technical lead Managers to ensure the solutions are delivered.
- As part of the departmental management structure, provide leadership and support to all departmental staff.
- Maintain and monitor progress of the departmental projects against Ocado’s standard project methodology.
- Take part in the transformation initiative on behalf of the Head of Department.
- Work with the managers to ensure resources are available for all projects and prioritise as required.
- Provide escalation and solutions for project issues.
- Monitor departmental performance KPI’s and manage outcomes to ensure the department meets its technical KPI’s.
- Participate as part of the management team in solving departmental issues.
- Provide ideas and ways of working to the Head of department that will improve efficiency.
- Ensure process compliance and project governance.
- Been instrumental in delivering projects of 4+ million pounds.
- Proven track record of strategic thinking and the ability to deliver on Mission goals.
- Technical understanding of infrastructure and knowledge of networking, data centres, cloud technologies and WAN circuits.
- Knowledge of CDM2000 and other territorial health and safety rules and obligations.
- Citb SSSTS qualification or higher.
- Extensive experience of Project or Program management in infrastructure.
- Several years of relevant technical experience.
- Agile and waterfall experience and the ability to blend and use the most appropriate methods.
- Problem solving and analytical mind.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Cost Management.
- Knowledge and experience or involvement in international project delivery.
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
We are only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and provide a free shuttle bus from Hatfield Station to the office!
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and an amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds.. all Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Please note that unfortunately we are unable to cover the cost of your visa at this time. We do cover the relevant company costs for visa sponsorship. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better