Our pioneering Ocado Smart Platform (OSP), which combines our proprietary end-to-end software systems with our physical fulfilment assets, offers grocery retailers a faster, more flexible, cost-efficient and low-risk way to develop an online grocery business.
Ocado Engineering encompasses the full programme management life cycle of the implementation of our highly automated, multi-million-pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) - from pre-deal, through to the design, construction, installation, testing and ‘go-live’ phases (with all the process and portfolio management in between).
Our Realisation Engineering team is responsible for automation engineering project management accountability to make a new CFC a reality. They are the central conduit for all automation engineering aspects of a new CFC. The implementation (fit out of Automation) wherever the new CFC is in the world, is covered by our colleagues in Engineering Implementation, with the Realisation team remaining with the project to ensure full support until ‘go-live.’
As a Lead Realisation Engineer, you will provide both technical and people management for the CFCs you personally work on and those delivered by Realisation Engineers in your team. You will be responsible for coordination of work ensuring we have global consistency, in our processes, and deliverables in an efficient and scalable manner.
What will you be doing?...
- Provide input and reviews of pre bid proposals representing realisation engineering at early stages of contracts
- Coordinate realisation engineers in different global locations ensuring a consistent and aligned global approach
- Ensuring programmes stay on plan and budget and meet engineering specifications
- Responsible for many commercial aspects of the project; including formulation of the capital budget, contractual arrangements, management of engineering variations
- Risk identification and mitigation, anticipating engineering problem solving opportunities
- Team member development
- Aptitude to debate detail (both technical and commercial) with both internal and external parties
- Commercially aware and consider cost impacts on suggestions and proposals
- Deliver projects on time and within approved budgets
- Excellent technical and practical experience relating to automation and general engineering
- Project Engineering - demonstrable experience & success
- Technical / Engineering qualification, to degree level in a relevant field
- Experienced with managing remote teams
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds. All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more.
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Please note that unfortunately we are unable to cover the cost of your visa at this time. We do cover the relevant company costs for visa sponsorship. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better……