Revit Family Creation Technician supports the scaling of Ocado’s platform business by providing advanced parametric, formula-based,
nested families...The baseline for Revit models are to be compliant with all the CAD services - integration guidelines set out for each MHE family. These models are a basis on generating detailed drawings that are deliverable within each phase of the design process. Technicians also support the changing needs of the CFC projects by delivering design updates as defined by change requests.
You are supported primarily by our Back Office Support teams and project Technicians, Realisation Engineers and Integration Engineers
in delivering tasks. Part of your duties is to manage Revit project family set-ups in line with Autodesk BIM 360 application.
Part of this role is understanding and amending Revit project templates that correlate with our existing families and drawing standards.
● Producing ‘engineering’ Revit Families at the detailed design phase, including both new & existing designs through the change request.Where appropriate, provide proposed input functionality and data process
● Applying design families knowledge and experience of MHE and MHE suppliers for input into mechanical design.
● Working to and contributing to Ocado CAD standards including Templates.
● Integrating externally produced component ( families ) drawings into the main Ocado engineering library.
● Assisting colleagues with queries.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
● Proficient in Autodesk Revit
● Proficient in AutoCAD 2D.& 3D
● Familiar with BIM 360.
● 3-years or more on the job experience using Revit and building families daily.
● Knowledge of other 3D CAD software, e.g. SketchUp, would also be an advantage.
● Google Docs, MS Office experience.
● Building Revit families , contributing to templates
● Good at problem-solving.
● Good communication skills.
● Team player.
● Working within a matrix organisation.
● The ability to work under pressure.
● An approachable and helpful nature.
● Flexible approach to work.
The Ocado Way
At Ocado, in everything we do, we strive to offer the very best to our customers - the best service, the best quality and the very best customer experience. That begins with each one of us and how we behave.
Our values are Ocado’s DNA; they act as a guide for everything we say and do. ‘The Ocado Way’ develops our values into the details about the way we do things - how we act and work together with each other and our customers. It describes how you need to behave at work to make a real and positive impact on our success.