“We are on a mission: to transform the future of online grocery through cutting-edge technology innovation.”
About our team
Our hardware teams are at the cutting-edge of our technology engineering business. From the design and manufacture of the most state-of-the-art products in the business, to their delivery into our multi-million pound Customer Fulfillment Centres (CFCs) across the globe, our bespoke electrical and mechanical development projects are pushing the boundaries of innovation and automation.
What would I be doing?
- Bring a fresh outlook on smaller business projects that require attention
- Apply own knowledge and experience to existing Ocado Tech projects
- Approach the project collaboratively
- Work with and experience different tech stacks to develop skills
- Embrace Ocado Tech culture
- Gain valuable experience in a new area of Engineering/Technology
We take 1st year students to PHD graduates. You should...
- Have a passion designing, developing and manufacturing new and innovative products in cutting edge technology
- Be working towards a relevant degree in Mechanical Design
- Be a logical thinker
- Embody a collaborative approach to projects
- Not be afraid to think outside of the box
Please note that this position is predominantly based in Welwyn Garden City but we do also have offices in Hatfield and in London so candidates will need to be prepared to travel to any site if required.
This would make you stand out from the crowd
Not only are we looking for talented, ‘outside the box’ thinkers, we’re also looking for people who reflect our values – people who can learn fast through experimenting; who are autonomous through taking ownership and driving innovation; we want people who will collaborate and work well in high-performing teams. We value trust, honesty, and craftsmanship.
About Ocado Technology
Ocado Technology is changing the way the world shops using advanced Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Robotics, Big Data, Cloud and IoT. We develop the innovative software and hardware systems that power Ocado.com, as well as the unique ‘Ocado Smart Platform’ which is being implemented by ambitious retailers across the world from Europe to America, Asia and beyond.
Find out more about how we are pioneering the future through serial technology innovation here.
We champion a value-led culture to get our teams working at their very best and to help create a collaborative working environment with inspiring projects that our people love. Core values of Trust, Autonomy, Craftsmanship, Collaboration and Learn Fast help drive our innovative culture. But don’t just take our word for it, have a look at what our people are saying about us on Glassdoor.
What we offer you
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. We can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and;
- Hybrid Working patterns - 2 days or more in the office
- Wellbeing support through Apps such as Unmind and an Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days annual leave, rising to 27 days after 5 years service (plus optional holiday purchase)
- Pension scheme (depending on length of service)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Train Ticket loan (interest-free)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free shuttle bus to and from Welwyn Garden City Train Station to the Welwyn Garden City offices
- 15% discount on Ocado.com and free delivery for all employees
- Income Protection (can be up to 50% of salary for 3 years) and Life Assurance (3 x annual salary)
We also have regular divisional socials, sports clubs not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, please submit your application below.
Our Talent Community is a great way to stay up-to-date with our latest career opportunities, as well as news and relevant careers insights. Register today, and be the first to be notified when a role we think you’d be perfect for becomes available.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and equally. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive work environment. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.
Whilst we're thrilled to accept candidates from all over the world for our internship schemes, this role unfortunately will not qualify for the points based system required to sponsor a skilled worker visa based on the salary offered. Therefore we will be unable to accept applications from candidates who do not currently have right to work in the UK.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, vacancy close dates, when stated, are indicative and may be subject to change so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. If you have applied and been rejected for this role in the last 6 months, or applied and been rejected for a role with a similar skill set, we will not re-evaluate you for this position. After 6 months, we will treat your application as a new one. All benefits information is subject to change and the terms of the individual arrangements.