Package: £32,000-£37,000 per annum (dependent on qualifications & experience) plus 25 days annual leave, enhanced pension scheme (matching up to 7% of your contributions), free shares; life assurance, Employee Assistance Programme, private healthcare, national discounts including Vodafone, Merlin Attractions and many more!
Location: Bicester, Oxfordshire
Working Hours: This role will require you to work 40 hours per week Monday - Friday, however flexibility will be required in order to meet business needs which could include weekend working.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Building Services Technician to work at Ocado's state of the art, automated Customer Fulfilment Centre based in Bicester, Oxfordshire. This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in pre-go live environments as we prepare the site for launch, enabling you to influence ways of working and contribute to a regional strategy.
Within this role, you will be working closely with the Operations and engineering teams to optimise availability and performance of the facility. As well as ensuring legislative compliance and managing external contractors during reactive and planned maintenance activities.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Acting as the main point of contact for building/facilities related issues.
- Providing technical support to the onsite engineering teams for the site systems.
- Ensuring all site infrastructure is maintained and available for use including industrial refrigeration, generators, fire alarm & sprinkler systems.
- Carrying out a range of internal and external maintenance tasks, to ensure our buildings and systems are maintained and serviced to a high standard.
- Providing first line maintenance to the site, carrying out basic repairs to fixtures, fittings and plumbing including dealing with blockages or leaks.
- Reviewing all contractor safety documents before site attendance and dealing with contractors while they are working onsite, in accordance with company policies.
- Ensuring all health and safety actions are carried out within due dates.
- A formal qualification in an electrical or mechanical engineering subject (apprentice served, NVQ, HNC or equivalent)
- Strong electrical experience preferably within a building services environment.
- 17th/18th edition wiring regulations.
- Some technical ability and understanding relating to generators, power distribution, fire alarms, sprinklers and ammonia refrigeration.
- Experience of both reactive and preventative maintenance.
Preferred (in addition to minimum):
- Knowledge of Building Control Systems (BMS) would be advantageous
If this sounds like your perfect role, and you feel you meet the requirements then we’d love to hear from you.
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Whilst we are able to offer visa sponsorship, please note that we are only able to cover the company-specific costs. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and it takes its obligations under the Equality Act 2010 and Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 very seriously. We treat all our employees fairly and equally, regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, pregnancy and maternity, trade union membership or offending background, or the fact that they are a part-time worker or a fixed-term employee. Our employees and applicants for employment shall not be disadvantaged by any policies or conditions of service which cannot be justified as necessary for operational purposes.