Ocado Group’s mission is to transform online grocery through cutting-edge technology and automation. Our pioneering Ocado Smart Platform (OSP), which combines our proprietary end-to-end software systems with our physical fulfilment assets, offers grocery retailers a faster, more flexible, cost-efficient and low-risk way to develop an online grocery business.
Within Ocado Group sits Platform Implementation, whose mission is ‘to orchestrate the implementation of Ocado’s platforms globally’. This department focuses on the full programme management life cycle of the implementation of our highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) - from pre-deal, through to the design, construction, installation, testing and ‘go-live’ phases (with all the process and portfolio management in between). This department is instrumental in ensuring we deliver these CFCs on time, to budget, and to the specific requirements of each client.
Within Platform Implementation sits the Central Realisation Engineering team who are responsible for automation engineering project management accountability to make a new CFC a reality. They are the central conduit for all automation engineering aspects of a new CFC. The implementation (fit out of Automation) wherever the new CFC be in the world, is covered by our colleagues in Engineering Implementation, with the Realisation team remaining with the project to ensure full support until ‘go-live.’
As an NPI Project Manager you will use your wide knowledge of the Engineering & Manufacturing industry to manage transfer of products to strategic suppliers on a global basis. You will lead a cross-functional project team and be accountable for all aspects of transfer of product design into manufacture (schedule, cost, quality) ensuring that the project outcomes are delivered in line with stakeholder expectations.
What will you be doing?....
- Plan the project with an effective schedule, budget, RACI, risk & issue log paying attention to critical risk elements and mitigation scenarios.
- Maintain issue & risk logs, budget forecast vs actuals, schedule, mitigation plans.
- Facilitate & participate in reviews and workshops on all aspects of NPI with a focus on quality, delivery & continuous improvement.
- Ensure contract manufacturing options are properly evaluated for cost, quality and capability in line with Supply Chain strategy (including audit of facilities & processes).
- Monitor performance of contract manufacturers & suppliers documenting issues, risks and lessons learned.
- Plan for continuity of manufacture with appropriate cut-in strategy and through monitoring of inventory levels / supply chain pipeline / JIT strategy and ensure a zero risk approach when transitioning to new suppliers through change of a part or sub-system.
- Collaborate with the Product Development team to ensure deliverables to Platform Implementation are robust, complete & on schedule with necessary risk & issue identification, communication & escalation.
- Proactively identify, manage and advise on commercial risks associated with the Transfer to Manufacture and mitigate.
- Evaluate cost / benefit of various scenarios and make recommendations to senior management
- Commercial experience
- Cross functional knowledge, especially Supply Chain, Engineering and Quality
- Knowledge & Experience of Stage Gate processes
- Strong communicator at all levels
- Proven track record in effective supplier development and management to deliver company procurement strategies
- Ability to work in a dynamic, team-oriented, fast-paced environment.
Preferred (in addition to minimum)
- Qualification at higher national or degree level
- Six Sigma Yellow or Green Belt training
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds. All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better……