Ocado technology is the innovative technology powerhouse behind Ocado.com, the biggest online-only grocery retailer in the world. We are based in Krakow [A beautiful, historic city which also happens to have some top tech talent ] and have offices in London/Hatfield in the UK, Wroclaw, Barcelona & Sofia. With teams all over Europe, we really strive for diversity and a work environment where everyone feels welcomed.
After years of enabling Ocado to be a successful retailer in the UK, Ocado Technology launched the Ocado Smart Platform (OSP) to help other grocery retailers success online too. Now, with clients all around the world (Spain, France, Sweden, Canada, USA, Australia…) the OSP teams are quickly growing and need talented people to help them reach the next milestones of their exponential growth.
We are +50 Uxers (and counting) in the company. There are plenty of opportunities to work with other designers and researchers on various projects and initiatives. We also run regular community meetings to showcase our work and learn from others. We are a very diverse group of people, coming from all horizons and with different perspectives.
Team & Job
You will be joining the OSP warehouse development team. Our warehouse are truly cutting edge: automated and system driven, able to fulfil customers orders accurately and effectively at large volume. Together, we will be working on the next set of features that will bring the user experience to the next level, as well as improving the current capabilities of the product. You’ll be delivering industry leading designs to allow staff to run the warehouse, resolve problems in real time and oversee their operation. You’ll be responsible for the work you produce and accountable for its impact on key KPIs. Learn about how we work.
You’ll join the team and Team Lead (Linkedin) that evolve and inspire towards world leading user experience. Our work is not limited to interaction on screens; It compliments the unique physical conditions and bespoke hardware of the warehouse. Finally, you’ll be a champion of everything UX in the company, collaborating with Product Managers, Developers, Data analysts, Clients and other stakeholders of the importance of UX. Designing is the easy part, delivering value is much harder.
- Good visual design skills. Every pixel matters
- Familiar with the rules of a design system, or eager to learn more about it
- Great problem-solving skills. We work on a very complex product
- Research skills, such as building personas, user testing and analysis, usability surveys…
- Strong team spirit and collaboration skills. We need a designer that can liaise with many stakeholders, keep the team informed of their progress and help others in their projects
- Able to take a project from the start and deliver it in a timely manner, exceeding expectations with innovative experiences and UIs
- Appreciate the value of data - how to gather it and make the most of it during the development phases
- HTML & CSS - basic understanding.
- 2+ years of commercial experience
- An online portfolio, showing the breadth of your UX skills, including at least 2 case studies demonstrating your journey from problem to solution and validation
- Fluent English is required
- Able to travel (when possible): our head office is in the UK, and our clients are in Europe and beyond
- Permanent Contract
- Multi Sport Card
- Medical Insurance
- Life assurance
- Lunch Vouchers
- Training and Development opportunities