Who We Are
Ocado is a UK based company admitted to trading on the London Stock Exchange (Ticker OCDO). It comprises one of the world's largest dedicated online grocery retailers, operating its own grocery and general merchandise retail businesses under Ocado.com and other specialist shop banners, together with its Ocado Solutions division.
The Ocado Solutions division is responsible for providing Ocado’s innovative advanced robotics technology, known as the Ocado Smart Platform ("OSP"), to our major retailer clients around the world. OSP comprises access to Ocado's physical infrastructure solutions, running highly efficient warehouse operations for the single pick of products, together with the entire end-to-end proprietary software applications and advanced robotics required to operate a world-class online grocery business.
Our unique, proprietary, and industry-leading technology is set to transform the shopping experience of consumers around the world. We have partnered with Sobeys to help it redefine the grocery customer experience in Canada through the adoption of the centralized, automated model of online retailing provided by the Ocado Smart Platform.
Come join us as we build our team, bringing world-class innovation and technologies to one of the most exciting global markets for e-commerce.
What You Will Do:
The Operational Systems Support Specialist will provide technical support for the user base and warehouses, primarily on site, but as part of a shift rotation model.
As our Operational Systems Support Specialist, your day-to-day responsibilities could include:
- Monitoring business systems operations
- Working within a team of on site systems support specialists during your shift, to ensure effective coverage of services by the team.
- Resolution, escalation and management of logged incidents
- Working within the health & safety policies laid out by the company
- Point of contact for client operational teams and a conduit into Engineering Ops and technology
- Identifying and raising system faults in appropriate systems
- Ensuring the timely pickup and response to incidents from assigned teams
- Managing system faults towards a timely resolution
- Analyze the performance of key on site assets
- Technical point of contact for onsite and off site teams
- Managing the ticketing progress for Technical support services
- Prioritizing bot recoveries and arranging recovery windows
- Investigate failed tasks and inaccessible stock and customer totes
- Communicating with relevant parties to ensure visibility and a fast resolution
- Resolving technical issues as part of the OSS team
- Highlighting and resolving pick support issues
- Working closely with engineering to resolve engineering issues and complete certain engineering tasks
- Liaising closely with other technology teams within Ocado to achieve the desired outcome and be a point of contact for related queries
This position will work a rotating 12-hour shift pattern including days, nights and weekends to support the 24/7 operation
Who You Are
To qualify for this position, you should meet the following requirements:
- Experience in a technical support capacity
- Able to engage with the stakeholders at all levels to provide technical updates and engage with technical requests
- Strong time management skills and organizational skills
- Experience in hardware support
- A good understanding of computing configurations, ITIL, infrastructure and the OSI model
- Able to drive and progress a situation towards a timely resolution
- Able to engage effectively and efficiently with business staff at all levels, ensuring work is progressed in a timely fashion meeting business requirements
- Ability to follow and create documentation, processes and procedures
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English at all levels.
- Strong technical communication ability
- Strong analytical skills and solving skills
- Ability to learn and think quickly as well as being very hands on when required.
- Experience in a technical support / incident management role
- Ability to manage and resolve technical incidents in hardware, software and networking
Preferred (in addition to minimum)
- Confidence in delivering informative, well-organized presentations to senior management (desirable)
- ITIL qualification
- An aptitude for completing and learning simple engineering tasks
- Technical qualifications in areas such as Hardware, Software & Networking
This position is located in Montreal.
We have revolutionized the online grocery world. Our technology is at the forefront of our business and it’s the people, like you, willing to challenge the norm to come up with innovative ideas that have enabled this. We offer a challenge like no other, interesting projects to work on, and a sense that you are part of a team doing something different. With this being our first site in Canada, you will be part of our success in a new country, with opportunities to develop your career within a structured path, whether it be improving your technical skills and ability or progressing into management roles. So what are you waiting for?
For a sense of who we are and what we deliver we invite you to explore online to learn more about Ocado Technology and Ocado Engineering, which directly support the Ocado Solutions division, and take the next step in what will be an amazing career with us.
Learn about our partnership with Sobeys:
- Ocado seals new international tie-up with Sobeys in Canada
- A sneak peek at the future of grocery automation in Canada
- Check out this video about our advanced robotics technology
Ocado Solutions values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Quebec Charter of Human Rights and Freedoms. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.