Ocado Group is a technology-led, global, software and robotics platform business, with a strong retail heritage. Ocado has been at the forefront of innovation in the online grocery industry since it was founded in 2000. Its retail business, Ocado.com, is one of the world’s largest online-only supermarkets with over £2.3bn annual revenue and over 795,000 active customers.
Ocado Solutions is responsible for our corporate international partnerships, offering the proprietary Ocado Smart Platform (OSP) as a service to retailers around the world. OSP comprises access to Ocado’s physical automation, allowing highly efficient preparation of orders, together with the full end-to-end software applications required to operate a world class online grocery business, bringing the best possible operational economics, consumer experience and service to our partners. Since 2017 we have signed agreements to provide our unique e-commerce solution to a number grocers, including Bon Preu (Spain), Groupe Casino (France), Sobeys (Canada), ICA (Sweden), Kroger (USA), Coles (Australia), AEON (Japan), Alcampo (Spain) joining our UK partner Morrisons and the Ocado/M&S joint venture.
About the Role
Having signed an agreement with Bon Preu in 2017 and Alcampo this year, we are now looking for a highly capable candidate to join us in the role of Partnership Analyst who will facilitate effective ongoing business development opportunities and support in the day to day management of the accounts.
The Partnership Analyst will be comfortable with ambiguity, solutions-focused and with excellent communications skills and strong commercial acumen. This is a unique role with huge learning potential and a real opportunity to drive impact where you will have strong ownership of the Bon Preu Partnership and will play a leading role in the development of Alcampo’s Partnership. You will report to the Head of Partnerships South Europe and will also have a dotted line into Alcampo’s Partnership Manager.
This role will be partly remote and will require semi-regular travel to our Partner’s office in the Madrid & Barcelona areas. It will also require occasional travel to our Head office in Hatfield (UK) and other parts of Spain. Alternatively, we are also interested in applicants based around London with willingness to travel regularly to Spain.
- Day to day relationship management of the commercial relationship
- Some P&L responsibilities, including monitoring, understanding and challenging costs & revenues
- Liaising and coordinating with internal teams and ensuring the partner is effectively represented
- Coordinate, prepare and lead some of the regular meetings with our Partners, whilst also taking minutes and managing actions through to completion
- Being the primary contact point for the partner for any ‘unowned’ challenges and escalation point should the Bon Preu be unhappy with any element of the relationship
- Analysis to support commercial business decisions, with assistance from the Manager and/or Head of Partnerships
- Supporting Alcampo’s Partnership Manager in the creation and the delivery of their programmes of work, and also the management of the relationship.
- General support to the South of Europe Commercial team, including in establishing standardised governance processes, both internally and with Partners.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- At least 3 years of work experience in a client facing role
- Effective communication and relationship building skills at all levels
- Good analytical, numeric and Excel skills
- Fluent English and Spanish language speaker
- Comfortable working independently and managing own workload
- A proactive, innovative, self-motivated and results-driven individual
- Ability to chair meetings
- Stakeholder management
- Strong desire and passion to collaborate with others towards a shared goal
- Flexible approach and can do attitude
- Confidence to tackle a broad range of projects
- Educated at Degree level (Or equivalent)
- Experience gained from a fast-paced eCommerce business environment
- Experience working effectively with different organisations and cultures
- Language skills in Catalan and/or French.
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better……
Ocado is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, veteran’s status, or any other classification as required by applicable law.