Ocado Group is a technology-led, global, software and robotics platform business, with a strong retail heritage. Ocado has been at the forefront of innovation in the online grocery industry since it was founded in 2000. Its retail business, Ocado.com, is one of the world’s largest online-only supermarkets with over £2.3bn annual revenue and over 795,000 active customers.
Ocado Solutions is responsible for our corporate international partnerships, offering the proprietary Ocado Smart Platform (OSP) as a service to retailers around the world. OSP comprises access to Ocado’s physical automation, allowing highly efficient preparation of orders, together with the full end-to-end software applications required to operate a world class online grocery business, bringing the best possible operational economics, consumer experience and service to our partners. Since 2017 we have signed agreements to provide our unique e-commerce solution to a number grocers, including Bon Preu (Spain), Groupe Casino (France), Sobeys (Canada), ICA (Sweden), Kroger (USA), Coles (Australia), AEON (Japan), Alcampo (Spain) joining our UK partner Morrisons and the Ocado/M&S joint venture.
About the Role
We are looking for highly capable candidates for the role of Partnership Manager who will facilitate effective cross-functional implementation and ongoing business development opportunities.
In this role they work closely with our client Casino to enhance and develop the relationship, and ensure that the partnership is a commercial success for both parties.
The Partnership Manager will be responsible for overall management partner relationship including:
- Day to day relationship management and responsible for the ways-of-working
- Program governance meetings
- responsibility for the P&L, inc. profitability (monitoring, understanding and challenging cost)
- Liaising and coordinating with OSP teams and ensuring the partner is effectively represented
- Being the primary contact point for the partner for any ‘unowned’ challenges and escalation point should the partner be unhappy with any element of the relationship
- Monitoring SLA’s and programme performance
On the Partner facing side they will be the “face” of Ocado responsible for communicating on all aspects of the relationship and where agreed coordinating the interactions with other parts of Ocado (e.g. Product Solutions, Ocean Technology, Client Services)
Internally they should play the role of “partner advocate”, ensuring that the needs of Casino are appropriately met, and all relevant areas are aware of trade-offs in not meeting them. They should escalate where they feel the relationship is being compromised by how Ocado is performing in the partnership.
The Partnership Manager will have overall responsibility for the commercial success of our partnerships. This will entail some direct responsibilities (e.g. advising our partners on their e-commerce strategy; connecting them with other partners facing similar questions) but will primarily entail ensuring that the right resources across Ocado are brought to bear to ensure our partners’ success (whether these resources are in Product Solutions, Development, Implementation, Client Services or Support Functions)
The Partnership Manager will have responsibility for the continued commercial development of the relationship with the Partner, and any other commercial renegotiations required (e.g. for new CFCs, or for penalties incurred from delays to the programme)
While there will be a Head of Partnerships in place for support and as an ultimate escalation point, the Partnership Manager will take full responsibility for the day to day decision making to ensure a successful relationship and is expected to operate with a reasonably high level of autonomy in achieving this.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Degree qualified or demonstrable experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence others internally and externally
- Commercial empathy - the ability to understand and enunciate a different commercial perspective to foresee challenges that may be raised by our partners
- Excellent team player, able to bring different skills and personalities together in a cohesive and productive way
- Strong project management and multi-tasking skills
- Strong presentation skills - both preparation and delivery
- Proven experience in problem solving and issue resolution
- Business Analysis experience (e.g. business cases, financial modelling, commercial awareness, etc).
- Experience in a leader among peers role, facilitating multiple work streams simultaneously
- Fluent English and French
- Experience in E-commerce / Logistics / Technology projects or industry roles
- High proficiency in Excel, data analysis and financial statements
- Experience in a consultancy business and / or client facing roles
- Business development experience
- Strong leadership skills, able to inspire confidence and deliver a compelling vision
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better……
Ocado is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, veteran’s status, or any other classification as required by applicable law.