“Ocado Technology, powering the future of retail through sustained disruptive technology innovation...”
Ocado Technology is putting the world’s retailers online using the cloud, robotics, AI, and IoT. We develop the innovative software and systems that power Ocado.com, the world’s largest online-only grocery retailer as well as the global ‘Ocado Smart Platform’. With everything from websites to fully autonomous warehouse that we design in-house, our employees need to be specialists in a wide range of technologies to help drive our business.
We champion a value-led culture to get our teams working at their very best and to help create a collaborative working environment that our people love. Core values of Trust, Autonomy, Craftsmanship, Collaboration and Learn Fast help drive our innovative culture.
We are searching for Software Engineers that not only bring our product vision to life but care about the detail and the quality. Key thing we expect from you is that you’re excited about technology, solving problems and learning new things.
Responsibilities you may expect:
- Participate in and improve our end-to-end software development cycle
- Write high quality code using the appropriate technologies and techniques
- Give and receive feedback through code reviews
- Write unit, integration, performance, etc. tests to ensure quality
- Gather data and make data-driven decisions
- Experiment with new ideas to improve our product
- Mentor/coach other members in the team
We connect our customers with trusted ways to pay across the globe.
- Our vision is effortless Payments
- Architecting this through a modern, resilient and scalable platform.
- We are building for flexible, customisation and scale
- We are collaborating with our Clients for innovative solutions
- We are at the cutting edge of key business metrics with impact revenue, lifetime value and retention
The Payments industry has changed so much in a short amount of time.
That will continue and we plan to be leading it.
- Computer Science (or related subject) degree
- Good spoken and written English
- OOP and software design skills
- Experience in Java
- Passionate about developing high-quality enterprise software
- Happy to take an active role in supporting the business needs
- Passion and understanding of TDD and Clean Code
- Experience working in a continuous delivery environment
- Knowledge of AWS/Cloud environments
What we can offer you
A relaxed, international, talented, creative and friendly environment, where we will provide you with the best tools to develop amazing stuff. We invest in our employees, ensuring we provide them with the best in-house and external training programs available. We also really encourage people to attend conferences and be involved in the local developer community.
- Flexible working hours with short Fridays
- Reduced hours in August
- 25 days of holidays per year
- Private Health Insurance
- Life Insurance (3x your salary)
- Ticket Restaurant
- Ticket Transport
- Ticket Kindergarten
- Gym membership discounts
- Fresh fruit, snacks, tea and coffee
- Monthly social events
- Table football, board games and Nintendo Switch
- Tech Talks and internal trainings
- Developer exchange programmes between centres
- English, Spanish and Catalan language courses
We are growing rapidly, making it a very exciting time to join, as we are currently at a brand new office in the 22@ district - the thrilling tech area of Barcelona.
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.