At Ocado Technology we design and build the platform that powers Ocado, the world’s largest online-only grocery retailer. We provide an entire platform from mobile apps, website, fulfilment (automated warehouses, store pick solutions), back-office systems to delivery solutions, all crafted by our passionate team of software engineers.
As part of Advanced Technology in Ocado we are working on bringing cutting-edge research in the areas of robotics, vision systems and machine learning to production. Currently our Sort Integration Team is focused on projects that involve development of a microservice driven integration layer between different WMSs (Warehouse Management System) and a fleet of autonomous robotised arm stations.
We are now looking for а Full Stack Software Engineer to join our team.
What will you bring to the team
- Understand fully the different messaging workflows and integration requirements and be able to actively contribute to the design and development of new features and optimisation of the existing ones.
- Own the development of the human machine interface including the full front-end test automation suite.
- Contribute to the improvement of the teams CI/CD processes and tools.
- Perform effective code reviews and actively share knowledge inside the team and across teams.
- Work closely with product owners, deployment teams, research teams, client facing teams and others to deliver sustainable state of the art software solutions.
- Bring the platform to a state easily supportable by non-developers.
- Become a subject matter expert in the systems software/hardware architecture.
Experience and knowledge you need to have:
- Strong experience in developing front-end solutions with React. This should include designing, implementing and testing front end workflows and user journeys.
- Strong interest in backend technologies and interest to develop backend microservices with GoLang
- Proficient knowledge in REST API design, implementation and documentation
- Very good understanding of CI/CD pipelines
- Fast learner with a passion to develop software solutions for autonomous robotic systems
- Having a positive “can do” mindset is a must
- Great communication skills and willingness to collaborate and support others in order to achieve a common goal
- gRPC knowledge and experience
- Еxperience in developing automation tests for HMI with Selenium framework or similar
- Nomad or experience with contain er orchestration
In return we can offer you:
- Great remuneration package
- 25 days paid leave
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave policy
- Free Share Plan program
- Share Purchase Plan program
- Work-life balance and work from home practice
- A choice of equipment (MacOS / linux / windows)
- Both in house and external training programs
- Your own training dedicated budget (for conferences, courses etc.)
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.