About Ocado Technology
“We are on a mission: to transform the future of online grocery through cutting-edge technology innovation.”
Ocado Technology is changing the way the world shops using advanced Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Robotics, Big Data, Cloud and IoT. We develop the innovative software and hardware systems that power Ocado.com, as well as the unique ‘Ocado Smart Platform’ which is being implemented by ambitious retailers across the world from Europe to America, Asia and beyond.
We build everything in-house: from intelligent, frictionless e-commerce platforms to highly automated warehouses, our employees are skilled specialists with expertise across a wide range of technologies. We’re working on cutting-edge innovations that are shaping the future of our society.
We are a fast-growing, global company. Today we have colleagues in development centre across the world - London, Hatfield, Welwyn Garden City (UK), Krakow, Wroclaw (Poland), Sofia (Bulgaria), Barcelona (Spain), Stockholm (Sweden), Las Vegas, San Francisco (USA) and Toronto (Canada).
We champion a value-led culture to get our teams working at their very best and to help create a collaborative working environment with inspiring projects that our people love. Core values of Trust, Autonomy, Craftsmanship, Collaboration and Learn Fast help drive our innovative culture. But don’t just take our word for it, have a look at what our people are saying about us on Glassdoor.
What does this particular team do?
The Retrieval Robotics stream creates Ocado’s own hardware and software solutions to the Ocado Smart Platform. They are the ‘poster boy’ and backbone products for our warehouses and we work on designing and launching improvements to existing products in live operation as well as developing brand new ones to keep OSP at the pinnacle of performance for our clients.
What would I be doing?
As a lead analyst, you will be responsible for leading the analyst team within Retrieval Robotics and will report into the Head of Product. You will help to set the strategic direction of data insight within the Retrieval Robotics stream and be getting hands on in driving insight generation through our products and helping deliver significant benefits to customer experience or partner economics.
You will also take line management responsibilities for the Product Analysts in the stream and will be in charge of continuous improvement of the craft of Analytics including mentoring, coaching, 1:1s and feedback.
- Work with the Product leadership team to define, monitor and report on the key client metrics for our platform
- Conduct analysis and apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers. Show how what we are developing is affecting our key metrics
- Create product dashboards and automated reports that provide insight to how we are progressing with our quarterly targets
- Set and regularly review the strategic direction of data within Retrieval Robotics
Lead the Analyst team:
- Lead the team to produce well structured and tested insights for their stakeholders.
- Champion best practices, provide opportunities for learning and sharing and support the team with your technical experience.
- Ensure the right processes are in place and providing value.
- Facilitate the continuous improvement of the team with mentoring, coaching, 1:1s and feedback; create and lead a happy, high performing team of world class Analysts
- Take line management responsibility for the team members; put your people first.
- Recruit new team members if required and assist the new starters.
- Protect the right balance between high standards, autonomy and timely delivery of insights.
We'd love to hear from you if you have...
- Strong academic qualifications
- Strong communication skills
- Experience of coaching and developing others
- Experience of building a team environment which is innovative, motivational, highly-productive and fun to work in
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Experience in a Data Analyst or similar role
- Hands-on experience using SQL, BigQuery & Excel
It would be great, but not essential if you have...
- Strong commercial experience with online grocery or take-away services or other eCommerce platforms
- Experience with data visualisation tools like Data Studio, Python Jupyter notebook
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools
- Experience with data orientated programming languages like Python
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. We can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and;
- Flexible working patterns and options for remote working (depending on your role/team)
- Wellbeing support through Apps such as Unmind and an Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days annual leave, rising to 27 days after 5 years service (plus optional holiday purchase)
- Pension scheme (various options available including employer contribution matching up to 7%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 22 weeks paid maternity leave and 6 weeks paid paternity leave (once relevant service requirements complete)
- Train Ticket loan (interest-free)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free shuttle bus to and from Hatfield Train Station to the Hatfield offices [Only include for relevant roles]
- Free shuttle bus to and from Welwyn Garden City Train Station to the Welwyn Garden City offices [Only include for relevant roles]
- Opportunity to participate in Sharesave and Buy as You Earn share schemes
- 15% discount on Ocado.com and free delivery for all employees
- Income Protection (can be up to 50% of salary for 3 years) and Life Assurance (3 x annual salary)
We also have regular divisional socials, sports clubs not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, please submit your application below.
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Whilst we are able to offer visa sponsorship, please note that we are only able to cover the company-specific costs. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, vacancy close dates, when stated, are indicative and may be subject to change so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. If you have applied and been rejected for this role in the last 6 months, or applied and been rejected for a role with a similar skill set, we will not re-evaluate you for this position. After 6 months, we will treat your application as a new one. All benefits information is subject to change and the terms of the individual arrangements.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity above gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, disability or union participation. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and equally.