Ocado is one of the fastest growing internet retailers in the UK and much of our success is dependent on having the right people in the right place at the right time.
An excellent opportunity is now available to join our team in Hatfield as a Fulfilment Operations Planner where you will be responsible for generating operational plans for Customer Fulfilment Centre’s including recently opened ones with the latest state of art robotic technology.
You will be joining busy team of busy Planners involved in many aspects of warehouse planning including capacity planning, headcount planning and support of variety of planning projects.
About the Role
Ocado is one of the fastest growing internet retailers in the UK and much of our success is dependent on having the right people in the right place at the right time. An excellent opportunity is now available to join our as a Fulfilment Operations Planner where you will be responsible for generating operational plans for Customer Fulfilment Centre’s including recently opened ones with the latest state of art robotic technology. You will be joining busy team of Planners involved in many aspects of warehouse planning including headcount and capacity planning as well as supporting variety of planning projects.
- Maintaining accurate Time and Attendance data for Ocado employees;
- Planning CFC manpower resources and making sure we have the right skilled people on the right shifts, days, areas etc;
- Generating weekly KPI reports;
- Dealing with internal and external telephone, email and chat enquiries;
- Effectively managing Ocado employee's holiday entitlements;
- Dealing with employee roster queries in a prompt and professional manner;
- Monitoring overall headcount and raising concerns regarding shortages/surplus;
- Effective business escalation of any plan changes, capacity issues and constraints;
- Following a well-structured daily task list and keeping to set deadlines.
What are we looking for?
- Good standard of education;
- Great communication skills;
- Outstanding attention to detail;
- Ability to organise workload, prioritise and multitask;
- Ability to work frequent weekends and Bank Holidays;
- Strong administrative and customer service background;
- Strong analytical problem solving ability;
- Excellent English language;
- Intermediate/advance MS Office skills, especially Excel;
- Above all, you must enjoy a challenge!
What we offer?
- Hybrid working patterns meaning part of the working week can be spent working remotely (typically 3 days per week);
- 30 days ‘working from anywhere’ policy;
- Wellbeing support through Apps such as Unmind and an Employee Assistance Programme;
- 30 days annual leave, rising to 32 days after 5 years’ service (plus optional holiday purchase);
- Pension scheme (various options available including employer contribution matching up to 7%);
- Private Medical Insurance;
- 22 weeks paid maternity leave and 6 weeks paid paternity leave (once relevant service requirements complete);
- Train Ticket loan (interest-free);
- Cycle to Work Scheme;
- Free shuttle bus to and from Hatfield Train Station to the Hatfield offices;
- Free shuttle bus to and from Welwyn Garden City Train Station to the Welwyn Garden City offices;
- Opportunity to participate in Sharesave and Buy as You Earn share schemes;
- 15% discount on Ocado.com and free delivery for all employees;
- Income Protection (can be up to 50% of salary for 3 years) and Life Assurance (3 x annual salary).
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.