Who are the Technology People Team?
At Ocado Technology we recognise the importance of our people, and the importance of having an effective People department to enable us to provide our employees with the best possible service. Our close-knit team is responsible for over 2,000 technologists across 7 different European sites.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a passionate and self-driven People Professional with experience in a fast growing company who knows how to navigate in an environment where things may not always be fully defined but where he/she will own the journey to get there.
As a People Advisor, you will work closely with our Technology function and Bulgaria-based employees to provide an end-to-end HR generalist service. You will be the face of the People Team and the first line support for many of our employees and people managers. This will include supporting the business on a number of people solutions such as employee relations, communications, performance management, learning and development interventions, talent management, engagement and many more. You will work on key practical people initiatives with line managers focusing on both immediate and long term objectives as well as provide end to end support to management on employee relations, employment legislation, employee data and trends.
Reporting in to Sofia People Partner, and working together with your peers who have local and international responsibilities, you will be collaborative in your approach with others across our growing business, building strong partnerships across different client areas at all levels.
So what's the role?
- Provide 1st line HR support for Ocado Technology employees and line managers.
- Provide support to payroll process closely partnering with the external third party
- Provide pragmatic and professional expertise and advice on HR topics such as performance and conduct, family policies, diversity awareness, in a timely and commercial manner.
- Coach people managers on a wide range of HR topics, including absence management, performance management, employee relations and support them to ensure a high performing workforce.
- Interpret and advise on relevant current employment legislation. Maintain compliance with local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices
- Maintain employee data on Workday, Greenhouse or any other system we use.
- Work with Group People Services to ensure the effective delivery of transactional HR activities for the client base ensuring that a high quality service is provided and SLA targets are met.
People related projects
- Support the People Partner in the management and roll out of people orientated projects.
- Drives initiatives/activities in support of site engagement and culture
- Support the People Partner in the delivery of new hire Induction session, onboarding interviews or any other activities related to the onboarding journey of the employee
- Utilise employee data and trend analysis to educate and work in partnership with people managers on people issues: e.g. absence management, performance management, attrition rates, engagement levels and other relevant for the people function metrics
Learning & Development
- Support all local learning interventions to meet the needs of the organization.
- Act as a local owner of our Corporate Social Responsibility strategy and related activities
- Act as a local Data Privacy Champion providing steer and guidance to various stakeholders on data privacy principles and requirements
- Maintains the internal Employee Hub up to date with all the relevant information
- Support People Partner in all employee relations matters - performance interventions, dismissals, etc.
- Attend and contribute to team meetings both with key customers and within HR; lead and participate in project and working groups on initiatives.
- Work alongside key stakeholders to ensure a positive and enjoyable employee experience.
What We Would Like To See?
- Proven background in a HR generalist role with excellent relationship and stakeholder management skills. The ability to influence is key.
- Good experience in end to end employee relations cases, both simple and complex.
- Good knowledge of Bulgarian labour law and application to employee relations case work.
- Experience within talent management, succession planning, performance management and development planning.
- Comfortable with data, showing an analytical capability to make informed decisions and anticipate business priorities.
- Strong facilitation skills and ability to lead workshops and similar style sessions (e.g. Employee Orientation sessions, workshops, etc.).
- Strong communication skills and ability to influence in a positive way
- Good listening skills
- Strong attention to details and ability to interpret data
It would be great if you have:
- Experience of working within the Technology industry.
- Experience of working in an international organisation.
- Experience using Workday
In return we can offer you:
- Great remuneration package
- 25 days paid leave
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave policy
- Free Share Plan program
- Share Purchase Plan program
- Work-life balance and work from home practice
- A choice of equipment (MacOS / linux / windows)
- Both in house and external training programs
- Your own training dedicated budget (for conferences, courses etc.)
There’s a lot going on at Ocado Technology! Click to find out more about our values and our recruitment process.
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.