Ocado has built and operates a series of large, automated Customer Fulfilment Centres to satisfy increasing demand from customers for a high-quality and reliable delivery service for online grocery orders. Ocado has created the Ocado Smart Platform (our automated CFCs and the supporting head office software to provide an online grocery business) and has signed deals with a number of international Grocers to provide them with the Ocado Smart Platform.
Due to growth we have a new exciting opportunity within our Real Estate team! We are looking for a development / acquisitions real estate professional with extensive experience of delivering larger scale property transactions preferably within the big box / ecommerce market, capable of influencing and interacting with senior stakeholders across both Ocado Group & Retail, external advisors and landlords / developers, this key role represents an opportunity to contribute to the success at Ocado and to help shape the way the UK shops.
What will you be doing?
- Leading the delivery of multiple real estate acquisition / development projects across the UK, varying in size and scale within the industrial and logistics sector
- Key enabler to facilitate the growth of Ocado Retail by ensuring the identification and supply of real estate into the business
- Working effectively with internal stakeholders to optimise project delivery and timelines
- Utilise market knowledge and experience to deliver best value for the client
- Ensuring delivery of transactions, including leases and legal transactions
- Identify and manage risks within the feasibility, planning and legal process
- Developing and maintaining client relationships and cementing confidence in Group services
- Clear communications and interactions with both internal and external teams, managing cross functional stakeholders and obtaining relevant buy in and approvals.
- Contributing to the asset and life cycle management of the property portfolio
- Supporting the capacity growth of both Ocado Group and Retail to meet future targets
- Use experience to support and evolve the Real Estate function
- Proven experience within the occupier, agency or development sectors
- Proven track record of delivering complex acquisitions and developments from site identification through to legal completion preferably within the industrial and logistics sector, including big box
- Passionate about the real estate industry and able to evidence results operating throughout the property cycle
- Providing strategic advice regarding the portfolio and wider market
- Strength in navigating the planning environment
- Identification of new opportunities for new site builds and existing assets
- Creation of robust business cases to enable client approval
- Strong appraisal and financial analysis
- Risk mitigation strategies through proactive legal negotiation
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own groundbreaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20-minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunchtime taste buds. All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better.