We’re in an exciting period of transformational change at Ocado. We're seeing significant developments in our Solutions business, while our Retail business continues to grow as part of a new joint venture with M&S.
With success, growth and transformation, comes new ways of working and new opportunities and so we seek a Business Analyst to provide integral support to the People Operations function and have a strong analytical mindset to support the Shared Service Centre transformation roadmap.
In this role, you will act as the liaison within the business, identify and analyse areas for improvement and define the requirements of solutions. Acting as the key interface between user populations and the project manager, gather information, document processes and confirm ways or working.
So what will you be doing?
- Lead requirements gathering and liaise with end users, functional leads, HR technology platforms and other stakeholders for clarification through workshops or other appropriate means.
- Using data analytics to assess processes, determine requirements and deliver data-driven recommendations
- Considering the end user in the design and implementation of solutions.
- Use data modelling to analyse findings and create suggestions for strategic and operational improvement
- Ensure change is delivered to specifications by tracing specs to requirements.
- Proactively highlight risks, issues or dependencies with other projects or BAU activities.
- Ensure Programme and Project Manager are kept aware of the status of assigned projects, providing regular updates on progress and issues.
- Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions.
- Staying up to date on the latest process and IT advancements to automate and modernize systems.
- Conducting meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings.
- Documenting and communicating the results of your efforts.
- Effectively communicating your insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management.
- Gathering critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and producing useful reports.
- Providing leadership, training, coaching, and guidance to junior staff.
- Allocating resources and maintaining cost efficiency.
- Performing user acceptance testing.
- Supporting project manager developing project plans, and monitoring performance.
What would we like to see?
- Proven skills and experience managing large testing projects and programmes.
- Desire to acquire and build knowledge: You will be required to quickly grasp new systems and related technical information to a level that will enable you to deliver key testing deliverables
- Strong experience within Business Analysis, including process analysis, mapping and design
- Requirements gathering/analysis and high level solution design
- Excellent process mapping and technical writing skills
- Strong written and verbal communication, able to present complex solutions to stakeholders
- Ability to understand and manage changing business and technical requirements
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry also means transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, paternity and maternity leave, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and family friendly offers.