The Handyperson will be responsible for maintaining the Head Office sites by undertaking reactive and preventative maintenance activities and improvement works to the Ocado floors. Working within Building Services and closely with the Building/Facilities and Reception Teams to react to building requests.
What you will be doing?
- Carry out daily morning car park patrols, issuing warning notice, reporting and liaising with the campus security team any parking violations through to resolve.
- Assisting the replenishment team with all required areas within Head Office sites.
- Porterage of deliveries between sites
- General maintenance duties such as putting up noticeboards, general upkeep/repair tasks at any head Office designated site
- Ad Hoc duties as required within Head Office designated sites
- Reporting of Hazards, Accidents and Near Misses, being involved in identification and implementation of solutions
- Flexibility, professionalism and adaptability are essential qualities for this role, as is working under pressure and adjusting for daily challenges.
- Where required litter pick the external areas
- Gritting the car park stairways & pathways during the winter months
- Department moves as directed
- Porterage duties as required, furniture, stationery, other
- Meeting room set up as directed
- Manage job queue/workload through to fully resolved
- Pro-active approach to ensure an exceptional standard maintained
- Daily building inspections to ensure standard maintained, self logging tasks to account for productivity.
- Assisting with the weekly fire alarm test process
- Brand/Promotional material display/removal as required
- Assist with fire evacuation process
- A good knowledge and history of working with power tools needed.
- Basic plumbing and carpentry skills desired to complete minor maintenance tasks
- General maintenance skills for basic repairs
- Sound analytical skills, good problem solver
- Good communicator and interpersonal skills, able to analyse and impart knowledge
- Good organisational ability, able to prioritise
- Self-motivated, consistent and able to work at pace
- Physically fit to be safely able to carry out activities at sites as required
- English Language ability such that able to read and understand safety information, technical manuals and data, and communicate clearly with colleagues to enable a safe environment
- PC skills specifically Google and Microsoft Applications
- Full Clean driving license
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds..All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better……