Senior Finance Analyst role with accountability for delivering insight and analysis, across the entire reporting and planning cycle, working with Commercial finance teams to deliver efficient, timely and robust forecasts, annual budget and Group five-year plan and strategy, and Finance Excellence to deliver high quality monthly reporting, supporting delivery of half year and full year external disclosures and analysis.
What will you be doing
- Deliver and manage the finance wide annual planning timetable, and engagement of wider finance teams.
- Build the assumptions documents for Budgets, Forecasts and Business Plans, ensuring assumptions are rigorously tested and align across functions.
- Work with Commercial finance teams to produce standardised outputs that effectively communicate key messages in forecasts and budget, including drivers of movements on comparatives.
- Work with commercial finance teams and Finance Excellence to ensure budget, forecasts and actuals reconcile in EPM systems vs. the expected view.
- Support the FP&A team in producing presentations and the board papers across the planning and reporting cycle.
- Support delivery of period end timetable identifying process improvement and driving changes throughout finance.
- Produce the consolidated view of the management accounts, supporting schedules, analysis and commentary ahead of Flash meetings with the Finance Directors and Heads of Finance. Present to the Senior leadership team the key variances to budget and YoY
- Produce the Board trading pack and the Management Information pack. Ensure commentary is appropriate for the senior audience and ties back to the numbers in the packs.
- Produce relevant insight and analysis for Head of FP&A and Finance Directors on business performance and outlook.
- Work closely with Reporting Centre of Excellence to continually define, develop and automate management reporting by Mission and Segment.
- Build relevant business models to support scenario planning.
- Work with the Finance Excellence to continually define and develop existing Hyperion EPM tools to benefit the wider finance community through the planning cycle.
- Work with the wider finance team to produce a robust Risks and Ops process
- Support in any adhoc presentations for the Head of FP&A, Finance Directors.
- Identify, suggest and implement improvements to business processes and financial controls to increase efficiency and ensure all costs are recorded accurately in the accounts.
Essential skills and experience required
- Qualified CIMA / ACA/ ACCA accountant
- Minimum 2:1 degree and a strong academic record
- Experience of reporting period management accountant, analysis and commentary
- Experience of budgeting and forecasting
- Experience of working in a matrix structure
- Advanced Excel skills
- Candidates must be able to prioritise and have a flexible approach, responding to the changing nature of Ocado in a timely manner
Not essential but an advantage:
- System skills including mainstream accounting packages e.g. Oracle, Hyperion
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds..All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday, 15% discount on your weekly ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…...