We are Ocado Technology. We are designing and building the software which powers our next-generation robotic picking and storage solutions. These solutions are the core of our Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) which are offered as part of the Ocado Smart Platform (OSP).
The Robotics department aims to automate physical processes that require sensing, judgment, and object manipulation through the use of robotics and machine vision.
As a Robotics Technician you will:
- Plan and design new hardware setups or setup improvements. This includes preparation of engineering drawing from scratch and evaluating any related hardware parameters.
- Negotiate and communicate with different lab equipment vendors and properly handle any devices that need to be installed or stored in the lab.
- Install and configure all pieces of hardware related to the Robotics lab - robotic station setups, general lab safety setups, lab infrastructure setups.
- Establish, implement and follow any best practice related to hardware maintenance in an industrial like environment. Act as a go to person for anything that is hardware related.
- Oversee and implement best practices related to safety and organization of work in an industrial environment under strict quality and safety standards.
- Actively participate in preparation of robotic tests and execution of such tests as well as being available to support the engineering team with anything related to hardware devices or setups.
- Collaborate closely with the robotics engineering teams in Sofia and across other locations.
Requirements for the position:
- Previous experience as a technician in an industrial plant is a must
- Extensive hands-on experience in handling hardware and electronic devices in an industrial environment. This includes planning, installation, evolution and maintenance of production stations and setups.
- Very good understanding of industrial networking
- Excellent understanding of engineering drawings and hardware setup requirements
- Practical knowledge in planning and implementing high and low voltage electrical power systems (electrical cabinets etc.)
- Strong attention to detail and excellent work ethics and attitude
- Positive with a can do mindset
- Excellent English communication skills both written and spoken
- Electrical Engineering degree
- Practical Knowledge in Autocad or similar modeling software
- Experience in large production plants with multiple setups
What we offer:
- Great remuneration package
- 25 days paid leave
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave policy
- Free Share Plan program
- Share Purchase Plan program
- Work-life balance
- A choice of equipment (MacOS / linux / windows)
- Both in house and external training programs
- Your own training dedicated budget (for conferences, courses etc.)
There’s a lot going on at Ocado Technology! Click to find out more about our values and our recruitment process.
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.