Do you believe Robotics and Automation is not the future but the present?
Do you want to be part of this and create world-changing technologies?
“Ocado Technology, powering the future of retail through sustained disruptive technology innovation...”
Ocado Technology is putting the world’s retailers online using the cloud, robotics, AI, and IoT. We develop the innovative software and systems that power Ocado.com, the world’s largest online-only grocery retailer as well as the global ‘Ocado Smart Platform’. With everything from websites to fully autonomous warehouses that we design in-house, our employees use a wide range of technologies to help drive our business.
A bit about us:
We encourage an innovative culture driven by our core principles of Trust, Autonomy, Craftsmanship, Collaboration and Learn Fast, which helps our teams to work at their best in a collaborative working environment that people love.
At Ocado Technology ( see Ocado Technology Sofia on YouTube), we are creating leading-edge software systems and technology for the digital supermarket of tomorrow; our website and mobile apps trigger our streamlined supply chain, highly-automated warehouses and delivery systems to kick into life and deliver orders with incredible accuracy - we are very proud to have some of the happiest customers of any online grocery company.
A bit about our team:
Our team focuses on the successful delivery of next-generation bot software. We are a team that does what needs to be done, by identifying gaps in our current bot systems and working with talented engineers across our business to prototype and deliver quality products. We are working on products, all contributing to the improvement of our automated warehouses and recoveries of bots.
We are looking for passionate engineers to join our team who would like to work on unique, stretching and innovative products.
What we’d like you to do:
- Participate in all phases of development including concept, design, development, and live maintenance
- Develop Linux applications, embedded software for an IIoT edge device within Ocado Bot
- Developing cloud solutions for supporting our bot health and recovery mission
- Collaborate within your team, department and beyond within the company to provide best quality digital solutions
- Work closely with our on-site engineering team to ensure the quality of the delivered products
- Demonstrate agile skills and mindset, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Use a data-driven approach and experimentation to find and develop the best solutions
- Coaching and mentoring other team members
Technologies you will be using:
- C and Java programming language
- Linux OS on edge device
- Real-time embedded system
- Gitlab , IntellIJ and Clion
- AWS cloud services
- Often using SQL (Big Query), BASH and Python scripting to support your everyday work
We’d really like to talk to you if you are:
- Passionate about automation
- Knowledge and/or experience with Linux applications on embedded device
- Experienced delivering software products in C programming language
- Knowledgeable about and/or experienced delivering software products in Java
- Knowledge and/or experience with cloud services
- Knowledge and/or experience with IoT edge devices
- Excellent in problem-solving
- Knowledgeable about and/or experienced in producing good quality and clean code
In return we can offer you:
- Great remuneration package
- 25 days paid leave
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave policy
- Free Share Plan program
- Share Purchase Plan program
- Work-life balance and work from home practice
- A choice of equipment (MacOS / linux / windows)
- Both in house and external training programs
- Your own training dedicated budget (for conferences, courses etc.)
There’s a lot going on at Ocado Technology!
Find out more about us at http://www.ocadotechnology.com