Within Ocado Group sits Platform Implementation, whose mission is ‘to orchestrate the implementation of Ocado’s platforms globally’. This department focuses on the full programme management life cycle of the implementation of our highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) - from pre-deal, through to the design, construction, installation, testing and ‘go-live’ phases (with all the process and portfolio management in between). This department is instrumental in ensuring we deliver these CFCs on time, to budget, and to the specific requirements of each client.
The CFC Solution Design team is responsible for the concept design of Ocado’s highly automated Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) all over the world. Each of these projects is unique, so the team ensures that bespoke designs are developed from the ground up to satisfy each client’s specific requirements.
We understand that not many people have experience of working with Ocado’s amazing toolbox of robotics and automation, so we’re looking for people who enjoy creatively solving complex problems, are highly numerate and are able to analyse and interpret data with ease.
Essentially the concept design of one of our CFCs is a highly complex puzzle driven by data and requirements, it’s about going beyond just collating and presenting data and focusing on using it to effectively form solutions that become practical realities for our clients.
We’ll also provide development and training on the concept design process itself, with a clear and established career path for those willing to learn and develop in the CFC Solution Design Team.
Please note, this role is based at our Hatfield Head Office.
What will you be doing?
- Conducting creative and detailed analysis to provide insight for design decisions
- Learning how to help develop 3D concept designs for CFCs
- Working in a highly collaborative team environment, but with autonomy to also work on your own projects when required
- Helping to create and improve team models and simulations
- Working with internal and external stakeholders on a wide range of varied projects
- Enhancing existing and developing new solutions and processes across any area of the CFC
- Taking responsibility for updating and maintaining key design team documents like Design Manuals, User Requirements, process flows and methodologies
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills
- Experience with creating and using complex spreadsheets in software such as Excel
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal English, with confidence to present to small groups and more senior team members and management
- Adaptability and flexibility to deal with changing priorities, requirements and workloads
- An aptitude for problem-solving with the ability to gather and analyse data systematically to establish facts and principles to help you find solutions
- Hunger to learn new things and develop design skills along the way
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
We are only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and provide a free shuttle bus from Hatfield Station to the office!
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and an amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds.. all Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Please note that unfortunately we are unable to cover the cost of your visa at this time. We do cover the relevant company costs for visa sponsorship. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…