Within Ocado Group sits Platform Implementation, whose mission is ‘to orchestrate the implementation of Ocado’s platforms globally’. This department focuses on the full programme management life cycle of the implementation of our highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) - from pre-deal, through to the design, construction, installation, testing and ‘go-live’ phases (with all the process and portfolio management in between). This department is instrumental in ensuring we deliver these CFCs on time, to budget, and to the specific requirements of each client.
As a result of Ocado’s growth, a Construction and Engineering team has been established to support our business and develop the capabilities needed to build and install the Ocado Smart Platform in the UK and Overseas.
The Construction Engineering Project Manager will report to the Head of Construction Engineering supporting and owning a number of activities, ranging from the Development and maintenance of building Specifications and Requirements by keeping abreast of Ocado’s concepts, latest available technologies while ensuring business economics, Provide Reporting, support, technical advice to Programme Management, Construction & Installation teams and OSP clients on the delivery of UK & International projects.
What will you be doing?
- Working alongside multiple other project teams to develop central process improvements, ways of working and supporting them in the rollout of exciting new developments across the globe.
- Liaising, collaborating and driving multiple internal and external teams.
- Ensuring Construction Engineering programme deliverables are met proactively and ontime.
- Coordinating risks and issues within the project with regular reporting, and escalation to the relevant teams.
- Monitoring lessons learnt with a continuous improvement approach.
- Supporting all major UK & International construction projects through Construction Project Managers and Contractors.
- Continuous improvement
- Resolving issues and queries for internal and external stakeholders
- Delivering project reporting, including: status, actions, risks & issues
- Project management experience (ideally in a similar/transferable industry)
- Customer-facing project & programme management experience
- Analytical and logical approach to work
- Ability to understand and challenge expert opinions.
- Effective communication, presentation skills at all levels of the business and the ability to influence.
- Ability to show initiative, self-motivation and innovation
- Proactivity maintain good working relationships, both internally & externally
- Ability to plan & prioritise workload, ensuring all given deadlines are met
- Have a flexible approach including being prepared to work outside of office hours.
- MS Projects experience (beneficial)
- MS Excel
- Good level of understanding of G-Suite for production of reports, Presentations, templates, web pages.
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds..All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better……