Ocado has developed a world-leading grocery platform in the UK and more recently selling and operating the platform for retailers inside and outside the UK. Ocado has been working with Morrisons since 2013 licensing technology, logistics and distribution services to enable Morrisons to launch and develop its online grocery business. More recently Ocado have signed various international partnerships which will use Ocado’s unique, proprietary and industry-leading technology. In February 2019 Ocado announced a new 50/50 joint venture with Marks and Spencer that will transform online grocery shopping in the UK.
The Finance team at Ocado is an integral part of the company, providing business partnering, insight and reporting & analysis on performance. You will be working closely with various departments around Ocado, including the Director of Logistics, as well as the operational teams and Customer Fulfilment Centre General Managers.
What you will be doing?
- Business partner Senior Management team, building up strong working relationships
- Manage the production of project financial reporting on a timely and accurate basis to enable insightful commentary and meaningful period end review meetings with budget holders
- Lead the development of reports and analysis to give insight into project costs by key drivers
- Proactively support business partners on identifying risks and opportunities, phasing of costs, procurement processes and accounting rules
- Lead Business Partners through budgeting and forecasting cycles, owning budget models and ensuring key assumptions and variances are reasonable and explained
- Develop reports and analysis to give insight into cost base by key drivers and product streams
- Lead business partners through capital approval requests for new projects
- Ensure insightful commentary to Group Finance for Capex reporting
- Co-ordination of reporting and budgets/forecasts across team and improvements to management accounts reporting
- Support ad hoc requests for analysis and information from Manager, Head of Finance, Directors and their direct reports
- Maintain and enhance financial controls ensuring accuracy and robustness of reporting and budgeting processes
- Qualified ACA / ACCA /CIMA accountant with +1 PQE experience
- Minimum 2:1 degree and other strong academic record are essential
- Solid experience of budgeting and forecasting
- Experience in supporting finance and non-finance teams essential
- Advanced Excel skills are essential
Preferred (in addition to minimum)
- Experience in global business within Engineering/Technology sectors
- Experience of project accounting
- Experience of mainstream accounting packages e.g. Oracle and Hyperion
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds..All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday, 15% discount on your weekly ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…...