Shifts: 42 hours per week with a 7 on 7 off shift pattern including days, nights and weekends. Our day shifts start at 06:30 - 18:30 and our night shifts starts at 18:30 - 06:30
We have an exciting opportunity to recruit a proactive and enthusiastic Engineering OutBound Technician at our Hatfield Customer Fulfilment Centre (CFC1). This site is an automated warehouse where all Ocado products are stored. It is a full 24hr 7 day a week operation, housing over 2,000 colleagues. The site dispatches over 150,000 orders per week, that’s an incredible 8.6 million products arriving on customer’s doorsteps every week. Just from this site alone! In order to run such an operation, a skilled and dedicated team of Engineers and Technicians must be on hand to carry out maintenance and repairs at all times.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Carry out planned maintenance across the site in an accurate and timely manner, following maintenance procedures and ensuring that equipment is maintained safely.
- Undertaking of Engineering 1st response to fault conditions, reactive and planned engineering maintenance activities and proactive improvement works at the CFC. Working closely with Outbound and other support teams to optimise availability and performance of the facility, and its MHE automation.
- Position requires working at height using a variety of access equipment so must be comfortable with heights as well as competent through training. This will include MEWPs as well as ladders, podiums, platforms and harnesses, including rescue training.
- Update records of work activities, tasks carried out, parts used through stores, training etc
- Work closely with manufacturers, suppliers and internal departments finding ways to improve process and increase machine reliability and performance on existing and new equipment.
- Respond to and diagnose equipment breakdowns, resolving issues and actioning repairs, working according to internal and manufacturer guidance and procedures
- Perform daily housekeeping and cleaning duties of equipment
- Work closely with the team to assist in developing skills and transferring knowledge across the engineering team.
What do we need from you?
- Technical ability and understanding relating to automation hardware and software, this may include, but is not limited to:
- Engineering Technical Apprenticeship or equivalent
- Electrical and/or mechanical skills preferably gained in an FMCG background, may include City and Guilds, BTEC or NVQ (at least level 2, preferably level 3) in a relevant discipline
- Demonstrable analytical skills, good problem solver.
- Good communicator and interpersonal skills, able to analyse and impart knowledge.
- Good organisational ability, able to prioritize.
- Knowledge of Control Systems is desirable.
- Self motivated, consistent and able to work at pace
- Computer literate in MS office package, ability to use a computerised maintenance management system (CMMS)
- Physically fit to be safely able to carry out engineering maintenance activities at the CFC
- English Language ability such that able to read and understand safety information, technical manuals and data, and communicate clearly with colleagues to enable a safe environment
Why Ocado Group?
The role comes with a competitive salary and some fantastic benefits such as free shares and private medical cover. In addition, we have some excellent development programmes so you can develop your career in line with your own aspirations as the business continues to grow.
In addition you’ll also get to work in a warehouse which is based on a complex conveyor system that uses artificial intelligence to plan and optimise picking sequences, product locations and crate routings. At Ocado, in everything we do, we strive to offer the very best to our customers - the best service, the best quality and the very best customer experience. That begins with each and every one of us and how we behave.
If this sounds like your perfect role, and you feel you meet the requirements then we’d love to hear from you.
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Whilst we are able to offer visa sponsorship, please note that we are only able to cover the company-specific costs. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and it takes its obligations under the Equality Act 2010 and Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 very seriously. We treat all our employees fairly and equally, regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, pregnancy and maternity, trade union membership or offending background, or the fact that they are a part-time worker or a fixed-term employee. Our employees and applicants for employment shall not be disadvantaged by any policies or conditions of service which cannot be justified as necessary for operational purposes.