“Ocado Technology, researching, designing, engineering the next generation of hardware & software solutions through disruptive innovation”
Ocado Technology is putting the world’s retailers online using the cloud, robotics, AI, and IoT. We develop the innovative software and hardware systems that power Ocado.com, the world’s largest online-only grocery retailer as well as the global ‘Ocado Smart Platform’. With everything from websites to fully autonomous warehouse that we design in-house, our employees need to be specialists in a wide range of technologies to help drive our business.
We champion a value-led culture to get our teams working at their very best and to help create a collaborative working environment that our people love. Core values of Trust, Autonomy, Craftsmanship, Collaboration and Learn Fast help drive our innovative culture. But don’t just take our word for it, have a look at what our people are saying about us on Glassdoor.
What does the team do?
Delivery management in product operations are responsible for driving the delivery portfolio of partner and cross-stream programmes. In addition we support strategic programmes and initiatives that cut across multiple departments across all the streams in Technology and must be tackled in a consistent manner.
What will you be doing?
The primary responsibility of a Delivery Manager in Ocado Technology is to support the OSP development teams to successfully discover, develop and deliver new initiatives. Any individual project manager will likely be managing multiple initiatives simultaneously.
Leading and Influencing
- Create a strong sense of purpose and mission for the development team
- Champion business requirements and communicate these in a compelling way to the development team
- Make effective, strategic decisions, with a clear rationale and using appropriate tools for the scenario
- Lead stakeholders at all levels across the business
- Promote the craft of Delivery Management throughout Ocado Technology, and share best practice with Ocado Technology Delivery Management colleagues and communities of practice.
Planning, Tracking & Delivery
- Define requirements and scope of initiatives by collaborating and partnering directly with our Engineering and Product teams
- Develop, communicate and maintain a clear approach to managing any initiative, including highlighting critical path, key dependencies and milestone dates
- Responsible for forecasting, monitoring and tracking budget and resource usage
- Provide governance to all assigned initiatives to ensure timely and quality delivery
- Organise and execute orderly initiative closures and handovers
- Apply OSP stream domain knowledge and technical concepts/ methodologies to initiative delivery
- Effectively embedded within the relevant OSP development teams to enable effective partnerships for discovering, developing and delivering large scale initiatives
- Establishing strong relationships with other stakeholders across the Ocado Group who may have a role to play in supporting the successful delivery of these initiatives
- Influence negative stakeholders and take them to a positive position
- Engage teams and individuals to collaborate in a productive and supportive environment to produce idea formation and innovation
- Lead and facilitate inclusive meetings to drive consensus and decision
Risk and Issue Management
- Use a variety of appropriate methods to seek, identify, log and track initiative risks and issues throughout the initiative lifecycle
- Quantify and qualify initiative delivery risk against business impact and take appropriate decisions
- Lead risk and issue mitigation planning and implement strategies
We’d love to hear from you if you have...
- eCommerce and Grocery retail background
- Experience in both waterfall and agile delivery methodologies
- Worked with engineers and product teams
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience liaising with and influencing stakeholders across a variant of seniority levels
- Management/leadership experience is key, we are open to speak to Project / People / Process managers/team leads
- A keen eye and attention to detail
What we can offer you...
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. We can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and;
- Flexible working patterns and options for remote working (depending on your role/team)
- Wellbeing support through Apps such as Unmind and an Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days annual leave, rising to 27 days after 5 years service (plus optional holiday purchase)
- Pension scheme (various options available including employer contribution matching up to 7%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 22 weeks paid maternity leave and 6 weeks paid paternity leave (once relevant service requirements complete)
- Train Ticket loan (interest-free)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free shuttle bus to and from Hatfield Train Station to the Hatfield offices
- Opportunity to participate in Sharesave and Buy as You Earn share schemes
- 15% discount on Ocado.com and free delivery for all employees
- Income Protection (can be up to 50% of salary for 3 years) and Life Assurance (3 x annual salary)
We also have regular divisional socials, sports clubs not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, please submit your application below.
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Whilst we are able to offer visa sponsorship, please note that we are only able to cover the company-specific costs. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, vacancy close dates, when stated, are indicative and may be subject to change so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. If you have applied and been rejected for this role in the last 6 months, or applied and been rejected for a role with a similar skill set, we will not re-evaluate you for this position. After 6 months, we will treat your application as a new one. All benefits information is subject to change and the terms of the individual arrangements.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity above gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, disability or union participation. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and equally.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive barrier-free recruitment process and supportive work environment. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.