The role will be a key member of the Finance team with the responsibility of defining and implementing relevant tax policies, ensuring that tax compliance requirements are met and proactive management of tax related risks and opportunities.
What you will be doing?
- Support the definition and implementation of the tax strategy aligned with overall business objectives and regulatory environment
- Interpret, translate and apply tax legislative changes and provide technical notes on impacts for their area of responsibility across the relevant entities
- Input in the definition of tax policies across the Group and manage their implementation and adherence
- Ensure tax obligations are fulfilled including necessary fillings to deadlines working closely with the Finance Excellence teams and external advisors (where relevant)
- Identify and deliver relevant commercial opportunities including establishing, quantifying and tracking of all incentives and other beneficial agreements
- Liaise with relevant authorities to ensure compliance requirements are met
- Ensure tax provision notes are pulled together for the year and audited group accounts, supported by Finance Excellence
- Proactivaly minimise commercial risks, providing recommendations to optimise outcomes for the business
- Provide tax related guidance and expertise to the wider business across all relevant processes (eg. employment, procurement, supply chain, corporate, acquisitions, international expansions etc.)
- Support with tax related queries and be a go to contact
- Develop and deliver training courses to support understanding and compliance of tax policies and standards
- Support audit processes
- Support transformation and business change activities with tax expertise and guidance
- Work closely with the External Reporting team to ensure that tax treatment of one-off items are in line with accounting policy
- Ensure relevant controls are maintained and embedded
- Continuously improve processes to ensure effective and compliant tax management and accounting
- Experience in tax in a fast pace global environment, preferably with extensive experience in a large-scale plc reporting environment (FTSE250+)
- Relevant financial qualifications and understanding of relevant regulatory environments
- In depth experience in tax with a proven track record across international and M&As, ideally with engineering/technological businesses
- Tax accreditation
- Ability create clear plans and set objectives for the team prioritising key activities to achieve outcomes
- Continuous improvement skillset to drive efficiencies and performance
- Mindset for continuous learning for themselves and their teams
- Ability to use insight combining business and finance data to support decision making
- Change leadership skillset - coaching and supporting their team through change
- Ability to build trusted relationship with their stakeholders where they provide constructive challenge
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds..All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday, 15% discount on your weekly ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…...