Due to an internal promotion, we have a permanent vacancy for a Fixed Assets Accountant. This role could suit you if you are Part Qualified, we will support your ongoing passion to achieve Chartered status. Or, we are open to applicants who are newly qualified too.
As the Fixed Assets Accountant, you will be responsible for accurately producing the fixed asset register, periodic reporting and reconciliation tasks.
This role presents the opportunity and challenge of working in a dynamic environment. You work with the latest technology and be supported by your colleagues and peers who are all extremely passionate about continuous improvement and collaboration.
So what will you be doing?
- Extracting additions data from the project costing system and preparing the data for inclusion in multiple fixed asset register’s including but not limited to UK, MHE JVco, France, Canada and the US.
- Reviewing additions data for compliance with Group policies and posting it in the fixed asset register
- Processing disposals in the fixed asset register
- Preparing monthly reporting and reconciliation tasks
- Ad hoc analysis of data held in the fixed asset register as requested
- Liaising with the FP&A team to ensure go-live dates for assets under construction are regularly reviewed and updated
- Tracking issues with project costing data and liaising with the FP&A team to resolve outstanding issues
- Other maintenance tasks for the fixed asset register, including processing impairments and changes to useful life of assets
- Other ad hoc duties for the wider Projects/Assets team
- Responsible for preparation of audit deliverables for both Ocado Group and MHE JVCO
- Preparing the annual depreciation budget and reforecast submissions
- You may also be required to support the Finance Department in ad hoc projects, process improvements, management reporting and other finance related projects driven by the growth of the business
Here is what we need from you:
- Highly numerate, comfortable working with large data
- High grades at A level or equivalent qualification
Preferred (in addition to minimum)
- Proficient Microsoft Excel skills
- Some experience of ERP systems (e.g. Oracle Financials, SAP)
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds..All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday, 15% discount on your weekly ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…...