Within Ocado Group sits Platform Implementation, whose mission is ‘to orchestrate the implementation of Ocado’s platforms globally’. This department focuses on the full programme management life cycle of the implementation of our Ocado Smart Platform, including highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) & related software - from pre-deal, through to the design, construction, installation, testing and ‘go-live’ phases (with all the process and portfolio management in between). This department is instrumental in ensuring we deliver these solutions on time, to budget, and to the specific requirements of each client.
The Programme Manager holds the responsibility of orchestrating the end-to-end delivery of the OSP to Ocado Group’s clients, accountable for the programme management of multiple large scale integrated CapEx and technology projects.
This position encompasses core programme management skills across multiple projects; with an emphasis on strategic management of client programmes and relationships, the ability to lead and develop a high performing team of experienced project managers and the ability to influence a wide range of stakeholders; from technical experts to senior level executives within Ocado.
***The region to be managed is currently TBC, as it will be based on project pipelines. The successful candidate will therefore need to be flexible to this and open to managing a programme of projects within any global region, based out of our Hatfield Head Office with extensive travel expected***
What will you be doing?
- Leadership of a client or geographical project management team with both direct and indirect reports
- Delivery of OSP programmes within budget, on schedule and to required specification
- Writing and delivering board papers to gain sign off for investment business cases
- Tracking, maintaining and challenging progress of multiple projects against Ocado’s project methodology
- Reviewing detailed CFC solution designs in conjunction with the CFC Design Team
- Working with the Ocado Solutions and Technology Teams to ensure timely delivery of OSP software functionality for client solutions
- Resolution of risks and issues within the project with regular reporting and escalation when required
- Ensuring clients successfully go live through preparation of OSP, client business and operational readiness
- Taking accountability for continuous development of Ocado programme and project process and methodology
- Development of best practices and ways of working
- Building the capability of our teams
- Delivered medium to large scale CapEx end to end projects within the Logistics, Construction, Engineering or Technology Infrastructure sectors, preferably with budgets in excess of £50m
- Led client project delivery interfaces and reporting at a senior level (Programme Director / C level ) equivalent
- Technical knowledge building / construction knowledge within a specialist area; such as new build, refurbishment or demolition
- Led and managed direct and indirect matrix style teams; interacting with SMEs
- Management of senior level client relationships and reporting
- Great leadership skills with experience of leading multidisciplinary teams
- Significant people management skills: leading and developing a high calibre project team
- Ability to manage projects across all areas of the OSP, including technology aspects
- High levels of understanding of the OSP solution: from metrics and design through to in life operations
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills at all levels of Ocado and within client teams
- Client and cultural relationship management (proactively maintain great working relationships, both internally & externally)
- Ability to project a professional and enthusiastic image at all times; providing leadership and motivation to the teams
- Adaptable and ability to respond quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to show initiative, self-motivation and innovation
- A highly analytical and logical approach to work
- Commercial acumen, strategic appreciation and comfortable with contractual technicalities
- Ability to interpret and explain design and/or technical engineering information to others with in the project team
- Ability to understand and challenge expert opinions
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload, ensuring all deadlines are met
- Comfortable with ambiguity and an ability to lead teams successfully through periods of significant change
- Flexibility to travel and work away from base location for sometimes extended periods of time
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
We are only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and provide a free shuttle bus from Hatfield Station to the office!
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and an amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds.. all Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…