Ocado has built and operates a series of large, automated Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) to satisfy increasing demand from customers for a high-quality and reliable delivery service for online grocery orders. Ocado has created the Ocado Smart Platform (our automated CFCs and the supporting head office software to provide an online grocery business). Ocado has signed deals with a number of international Grocers to provide them with the Ocado Smart Platform.
We are undergoing a lot of transformation in our People function at Ocado, supported by the implementation of Workday, which requires a talented project management office specialist to ensure what we are delivering to our clients is in line with what they require across all of the various projects within the programme.
In this role you will focus on the Talent Acquisition Programme, its Projects and Workstreams, supporting them to ensure we keep on track with the delivery of our projects, highlight and manage dependencies and risks across the programme, and keeping track on our programme budget. You will also be expected to support the other projects and programme within the People Programme and Group Transformation Portfolio.
This role represents a huge opportunity to contribute to the success of major capital investment which forms a core part of our People transformation at Ocado, and to ensure we embed the change we need to continue delivering for our clients.
What will you be doing?
- Supports the adoption of project management best practices using our SmartSheets project management tool
- Actively highlights and supports the management of cross-programme dependencies and risks, providing key stakeholders with key insights to inform decision making
- Provides the day-to-day level support to program and project teams within the people function
- Tracking, monitoring and updating programme deliverables and milestones status
- Update and administer the programme plan as required using reports from Project Managers
- Provides coaching and guidance to the project or program team, including BAU resources allocated to certain projects and peers within the Transformation Team
- Hosts, attends and contributes to regular meetings with other specialist areas producing relevant documentation as an output (agenda, minutes, action log,etc)
- Produces and owns any documentation in support of the program or project deliverables
- Controls and brings to resolution any potential problems within the specific discipline area and escalates issues to the appropriate project or program team members
- Actively supports the Program and Projects Managers to comply with associated governance documentation
- Supports the tracking of project and programme budgets against plan
- Experience with program and project management
- Experience with creating project documentation and reports
- Able to work in fast-paced, ambiguous environment, both individually and in a team
- Result-oriented and communicative person
- Experience with project budgeting and tracking
Preferred (in addition to minimum)
- PRINCE2, MSP, AgilePM or similar qualification
- HR Project experience