“We are on a mission: to transform the future of online grocery through cutting-edge technology innovation.”
About Ocado Technology
Ocado Technology is changing the way the world shops using advanced Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Robotics, Big Data, Cloud and IoT. We develop the innovative software and hardware systems that power Ocado.com, as well as the unique ‘Ocado Smart Platform’ which is being implemented by ambitious retailers across the world from Europe to America, Asia and beyond.
Find out more about how we are pioneering the future through serial technology innovation here.
What does our team do?
Our Retrieval Robotics teams are at the cutting-edge of our technology engineering business. From the design and manufacture of the most state-of-the-art products in the business, to their delivery into our multi-million pound Customer Fulfillment Centres (CFCs) across the globe, our bespoke electrical and mechanical development projects are pushing the boundaries of innovation and automation.
Within Retrieval Robotics sits the Bot Hardware Development function, which is responsible for the design, testing and manufacture of our automated products relating to our Bots. Our Reliability and Verification team is looking for an accomplished Verification Engineer, who will be responsible for defining, planning and implementing verification test strategies for new & existing products.
If you like challenges and you want to work in a fast paced, exciting company on innovative solutions to the problems that have never been solved, then imagine yourself in this role.
What would you be doing?
- In collaboration with other teams, define and plan the test strategies for products and subsystems.
- Provide validation of supplier/design reliability claims through developing and implementing appropriate test strategies.
- Identify testing, hardware & resource requirements needed to verify any design changes.
- Ensure full implementation of test plans within the agreed schedule.
- Manage and drive the product testing, liaising with stakeholders to ensure testing meets schedule.
- Use accelerated life testing & stress screening techniques to realise potential weaknesses in design of new products.
- Proactively identify and manage any constraints / barriers which could affect testing or schedule.
- Collect,analyse and present results from testing to stakeholders..
- Lead/support the identification of root cause and participate in solution generation for issues uncovered during testing.
- Build Electro-mechanical rigs to support design verification and reliability testing.
What we are looking for
- A relevant engineering qualification, preferably in the mechatronics space
- Experience in actively managing product test activities and resources
- Strong hands-on / practical experience of testing electro-mechanical products
- Strong technical presentation and analytical skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects and manage time appropriately
- Experience managing and interfacing with internal and external personnel
- Conducting pilot plant trials to support new product development (NPD)
- Writing and implementing product verification test plans based on best practices
- Flexibility to travel to Ocado’s other sites within the UK and overseas ‘as’ and ‘when’ required
This would make you stand out from the crowd...
- Understanding of Six Sigma problem methodology
- Developing experiments based on statistical techniques to support innovation projects
- Use of data analytical tools such as SQL, Python
What we offer you
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. We can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and;
- Hybrid Working patterns (varies depending on your role/team)
- 30 days Work from Anywhere policy
- Wellbeing support through Apps such as Unmind and an Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days annual leave, rising to 27 days after 5 years service (plus optional holiday purchase)
- Pension scheme (various options available including employer contribution matching up to 7%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 22 weeks paid maternity leave and 6 weeks paid paternity leave (once relevant service requirements complete)
- Train Ticket loan (interest-free)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free shuttle bus to and from Welwyn Garden City Train Station to the Welwyn Garden City offices
- Opportunity to participate in Sharesave and Buy as You Earn share schemes
- 15% discount on Ocado.com and free delivery for all employees
- Income Protection (can be up to 50% of salary for 3 years) and Life Assurance (3 x annual salary)
We also have regular divisional socials, sports clubs not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, please submit your application below.
Our Talent Community is a great way to stay up-to-date with our latest career opportunities, as well as news and relevant careers insights. Register today, and be the first to be notified when a role we think you’d be perfect for becomes available.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and equally. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive work environment. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Whilst we are able to offer visa sponsorship, please note that we are only able to cover the company-specific costs. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, vacancy close dates, when stated, are indicative and may be subject to change so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. If you have applied and been rejected for this role in the last 6 months, or applied and been rejected for a role with a similar skill set, we will not re-evaluate you for this position. After 6 months, we will treat your application as a new one. All benefits information is subject to change and the terms of the individual arrangements.