Ocado Technology is the biggest online only supermarket. We exceed in delivering groceries from our highly automated warehouses to our customers’ homes. Using our expertise we are building OSP (Ocado Smart Platform) in order to enable other retailers across the globe to do grocery deliveries as efficiently as possible. More than 130 people work in our Sofia office and we continue to grow.
About the product:
ISF (In-store fulfilment), part of OSP, is a system for fulfilling client orders from a supermarket. The Android app is used for guiding staff in the supermarket to do their job: what groceries to pick, where to stock them, and when to load them into a vehicle. Sofia team members got to go to the UK to try it out themselves in order to get the first hand experience. Some of the challenges we are now facing are:
- Implementing new functionalities
- Improving supermarket staff productivity by measuring their performance and carrying out A/B tests
- Improving UX, which often results in complete redesign of some of the screens
- Lowering battery and network footprint
- Adopting latest Android architecture components and libraries
- Kotlinize the whole app
- You have strong programming and object-oriented design skills, gained in Java or Kotlin through Android development.
- You have vast experience in building high-quality native Android apps.
- You take pride in writing polished and fully-tested code, and have experience of Unit and UI testing.
- You are keen to automate repetitive tasks and are familiar with Continuous Integration tools.
- You are able to pick up new concepts quickly and, as you understand the fundamentals of computer science, you will be comfortable working on different technologies.
- You are a team player and have strong collaboration skills, but also have the autonomy to find your own way.
- You love to share knowledge and learn from others.
Responsibilities within the team:
- Work on a large project with a team of developers, a product owner and a designer
- Develop new software components, and extend and improve existing ones
- Take part in discussions about new features and improvements
- Participate in code reviews
- Write unit, integration, and UI tests
In return we can offer you:
- Great remuneration package
- 25 days paid leave
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave policy
- Free Share Plan program
- Share Purchase Plan program
- Work-life balance and work from home practice
- A choice of equipment (MacOS / linux / windows)
- Both in house and external training programs
- Your own training dedicated budget (for conferences, courses etc.)
There’s a lot going on at Ocado Technology! Click to find out more about our values and our recruitment process.
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.