Ocado Group HS&E Department are currently seeking a Head of Fire Safety Risk Management to join the growing team which sits within Governance Risk and Compliance. In this highly important and exciting role, you'll have overall responsibility for the further development and maintenance of Ocado Group's fire strategy, policy and procedures. You'll establish a framework for audit and governance, support the setting of standards, provide specialist advice, guidance and assurance on policy and operational development issues relating to fire safety, being the business expert in this field.
So what will you be doing?
- Act as the first point of contact for fire safety and will provide specialist advice and guidance on fire management and fire safety initiative and extend to post-fire management recovery and restoration
- Chairing the quarterly Ocado Fire Governance Committee to drive change and improvements
- Work closely with the Technical Director in Platform Implementation, Technology leads and Ocado Insurers on planning business loss events and fire suppression effectiveness and take ownership of fire loss prevention recommendations from our insurers risk reports
- Monitor and assess proposed changes in new legislation and codes of practice for relevance to policy and governance of fire safety
- Establish a strategy for delivering and monitoring fire policy with an appropriate governance framework for functional design and machinery maintenance, and ensure procedures and training are in place for the management and development of staff with fire safety responsibilities
- Ensure structured regular liaison takes place with all stakeholders and attend corporate forums, committees and meetings in relation to fire safety
- Manage consultants and contractors carrying out FRA's, specialist surveys and contractors, to ensure remedial action is identified, reported and implemented to minimise the potential for re-occurrence
- Member of the Global HSE Leadership Team supporting the delivery of the overall HSE strategy
- Engage with project teams to ensure that business-specific operational requirements are properly identified, defined and adopted in compliance with all necessary standard
What would we like to see?
- Experience of leading strategy and direction and providing assurance on fire safety in both the UK and overseas
- Full Membership of the Institute of Fire Engineers or CFPA European Diploma in Fire Prevention with relevant experience
- Extensive experience with building regulations, machinery safety, functional safety, and construction safety
- National Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management
- Extensive experience of managing fire safety within large complex organisations
- Extensive experience in Risk Management and how it is applied
- IFE Level 5 Diploma in Fire Engineering Design with CEng (Fire) MIFireE
Ideally you may also have:
- Previous experience within an automated distribution/manufacturing environment.
- Willingness to travel both within the UK and occasionally to other parts of the world
- Familiar with CE Marking and Machine Safety
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds..All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…...