“Ocado Technology, powering the future of retail through sustained disruptive technology innovation...”
Ocado Technology is putting the world’s retailers online using the cloud, robotics, AI, and IoT. We develop the innovative software and systems that power Ocado.com, the world’s largest online-only grocery retailer as well as the global ‘Ocado Smart Platform’. With everything from websites to fully autonomous warehouse that we design in-house, our employees need to be specialists in a wide range of technologies to help drive our business.
We champion a value-led culture to get our teams working at their very best and to help create a collaborative working environment that our people love. Core values of Trust, Autonomy, Craftsmanship, Collaboration and Learn Fast help drive our innovative culture.
Data Science is responsible for designing cutting-edge machine learning and optimisation techniques to convert data into important business insights and efficient operations. We work on complex optimisation problems and on deploying solutions to those problems to production.
The role of Data Scientist within In-Store Fulfilment is to use operations research and machine learning techniques to optimise the process of picking customer grocery orders in a store.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Research algorithmic improvements to the store pick process
- Creation and evaluation of prototype solutions
- Scaling solutions to run in production for hundreds to thousands of stores
- Participation in the integration/productionization of solutions (including monitoring etc)
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A strong academic record including a postgraduate degree in mathematics, statistics, or related fields.
- Experience in Operations Research or Machine Learning
- Solid coding skills, ideally including Python and SQL
- Prior experience of complex optimisation problems
- Knowledge of common machine learning toolkits (e.g. scikit-learn)
- Experience taking projects to production
What we can offer you
- Great remuneration package
- 25 days paid leave
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave policy
- Free Share Plan program
- Share Purchase Plan program
- Work-life balance and work from home practice
- A choice of equipment (MacOS / linux / windows)
- Both in house and external training programs
- Your own training dedicated budget (for conferences, courses etc.)
There’s a lot going on at Ocado Technology! Click to find out more about our values and our recruitment process.
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.