Ocado is a UK based international company that provides innovative advanced robotics technology, known as the Ocado Smart Platform ("OSP"), to our major retailer clients around the world with nine partnerships across North America, Europe, Asia and Australasia. To match consumer demand in the UK and to enable our business to provide solutions to our partners across the globe, we are scaling quickly. Over 2021 we will be live with OSP across seven of our international partners.
We have partnered with Coles in Australia, to help redefine the grocery customer experience through the adoption of the centralized, automated model of online retailing provided by the Ocado Smart Platform.
In 2022 Coles will be opening their first Customer Fulfillment Operation based at the Melbourne (Truganina) site in Victoria. In support of this, Ocado will employ a cross section of Engineers and Technical specialists such as Engineering Operations, Technology Operations and the management and administrative teams circa 150+.
As the Recruitment Partner in Australia, you will be responsible for delivering an efficient and effective recruitment solution across multiple streams in line with company policy, process and best practice.
You will be supported by and work closely with the Central Talent Acquisition and Sourcing team that are based in the UK. This role will be responsible for high-volume hiring across two sites in Melbourne and Sydney, of Engineers and Technical specialists such as Engineering Operations, Technology Operations and the management and administrative teams (circa 70 employees).
Reporting to the Global Talent Acquisition Manager in the UK and working together with your peers who have international responsibilities, you will be collaborative in your approach with others across our growing business, building strong partnerships across different client areas at all levels.
Something to think about: This role is based in Melbourne, travel may be required to Sydney and possibly other locations as business expands in Australia
What will you be doing?
- Collaborate with senior leaders to understand their hiring needs across departments to meet immediate and future growth plans.
- Be a business partner to assigned business streams, providing talent acquisition solutions, insights on the talent landscape, etc. to meet these plans and drive results
- Being part of a wider Talent Acquisition community and a small team of talent acquisition specialists supporting your business streams, this could include peers such as Talent Acquisition Business Partners, Talent Acquisition Sourcing Partners and Coordinators.
- Work with People Business Partners on the wider talent agenda, including succession planning, talent gaps and attrition risks.
- Create and execute multi-channel strategies (direct and 3rd party) to source candidates and create talent pipelines, both internally and externally.
- Continuously review these strategies to ensure they are reaching desired target audiences and producing high return on investment
- Work with communications and media specialists to build compelling campaigns internally and externally to further develop the employer brand across all platforms
- Work with hiring managers on new vacancies through the full recruitment life cycle, including detailed briefs, candidate sourcing, providing advice on the best selection methods, offer management and onboarding
- Provide an exceptional candidate experience, managing each recruitment process to a high standard
- Identify and manage projects that enhance the recruitment process, demonstrate Ocado’s employee value proposition and deliver an improved candidate experience
- Have ownership of budgets and team performance
- Work with the Global Talent Acquisition Manager and collaborate with other Ocado recruitment teams on business wide projects as required.
- Proven background in recruitment/talent acquisition with experience of working within an in-house function with a recruitment agency background.
- Experience in building recruitment campaigns to meet diverse requirements across business streams, focused on both the immediate and long term talent needs.
- Good understanding of latest recruitment trends, tools, social media (LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Twitter, etc)
- Experience of Application Tracking systems
- Be comfortable with data and provide insightful analysis of recruitment activity across your team and business streams.
- Experience of working autonomously in a remote working environment and in a matrix structure, within a multinational organisation
- Maturity and dexterity to navigate and cut through complexities quickly and sensibly
- A strong cultural awareness and an understanding of working with international teams
- Experience from Retail, Tech, Manufacturing, Engineering preferred but not essential
- Experience in working for a business that is scaling and growing at pace, working though new and updated policies and procedures
- Recruitment experience, agency management and coaching managers on interviewing
- Self starter; Confident decision maker with the ability to work independently but collaboratively with local and global stakeholders
- Effective relationship management skills; good listening skills and effective influencing skills
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry also means transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.