We have an exciting opportunity for a driven individual to join our fantastic procurement team on a permanent basis as a Procurement Administrator.
The Procurement Administration Team are an integral part of the Procurement function within Ocado Logistics. This exciting and challenging role will provide full administrative support to the Logistics Procurement function and will help us operate even more efficiently. This is a busy, yet rewarding opportunity to work closely with the Procurement Manager and Ocado Logistics Suppliers, and therefore requires a high level of multitasking, prioritising and administration skills.
- Work closely with the Procurement, Finance and Operations teams and be primarily responsible for monitoring and reporting procurement performance
- Manage and handle requests from both internal and external stakeholders
- Maintain and manage the corporate procurement modules (Oracle) and all data input and upload of the group’s supplier price catalogues
- Process purchase orders accurately, on a timely basis, and in accordance with company policy
- Match Goods Received notes to purchase orders accurately and on a timely basis
- Ensure order specification is correctly understood before raising orders
- Obtaining proof of delivery for all orders
- Correspond with vendors regarding prices, product availability and delivery, ensuring all documentation is provided
- Assist, where possible, with other work such as KPI preparation and other activities to support the wider team
You may also be asked to perform tasks as required by management deemed as a reasonable request. This job description is a summary of the typical functions of the role, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of possible role responsibilities, tasks and duties and is subject to review. The responsibilities, tasks and duties of the job holder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, might form part of the job.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Strong attention to detail
- Previous experience within a fast-paced administration role
- A logical approach to maintaining large amounts of supplier and product data is important
- This role will involve lots of interaction with external suppliers and other departments so strong communication skills, both written and verbal, are required
- Computer literacy (Google suite, MS office)
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own groundbreaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20-minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunchtime taste buds. All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and it takes its obligations under the Equality Act 2010 and Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 very seriously. We treat all our employees fairly and equally, regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, pregnancy and maternity, trade union membership or offending background, or the fact that they are a part-time worker or a fixed-term employee. Our employees and applicants for employment shall not be disadvantaged by any policies or conditions of service which cannot be justified as necessary for operational purposes.