Who We Are
Ocado is a UK based company admitted to trading on the London Stock Exchange (Ticker OCDO). It comprises one of the world's largest dedicated online grocery retailers, operating its own grocery and general merchandise retail businesses under Ocado.com and other specialist shop banners, together with its Ocado Solutions division.
The Ocado Solutions division is responsible for providing Ocado’s innovative advanced robotics technology, known as the Ocado Smart Platform ("OSP"), to our major retailer clients around the world. OSP comprises access to Ocado's physical infrastructure solutions, running highly efficient warehouse operations for the single pick of products, together with the entire end-to-end proprietary software applications and advanced robotics required to operate a world-class online grocery business.
Our unique, proprietary and industry-leading technology is set to transform the shopping experience of consumers around the world. We have partnered with Sobeys to help it redefine the grocery customer experience in Canada through the adoption of the centralized, automated model of online retailing provided by the Ocado Smart Platform.
Come join us as we build our North American team, bringing world-class innovation and technologies to one of the most exciting global markets for e-commerce.
Please note: this role requires shift work and the ability to travel to the UK for initial training.
What You Will Do
As a Senior Maintenance Technician, you will undertake reactive and planned engineering maintenance activities and improvement works at the Customer Fulfilment Centre (CFC) on mechanical handling equipment (MHE) such as conveyor networks, lifts, cranes, belts, etc
Day to day, your role may involve:
- Reacting to MHE breakdowns (both mechanical and electrical), locating the fault, analysing the issue and completing the fix in a timely manner to keep operation downtime to a minimum;
- Keep accurate records such as work activities, tasks carried out, parts used through stores, etc;
- Perform assembly and sub-assembly repairs by following written work instructions, blue prints and schematics;
- Work closely with other departments to find ways to increase machine reliability on existing and new equipment, diagnose equipment breakdowns and action repairs ensuring direction of labour and planned engineering activities fully support the operation;
- Attend meetings as required, analyse data and find solutions to improve equipment performance whilst ensuring safe working practice and full communications are maintained at all times;
- In addition, you will be involved in projects within the business to develop an effective engineering install and commissioning;
- Complete quality inspections to ensure work is completed to a safe standard
You may be asked to perform tasks as required by management deemed as a reasonable request. This job description is a summary of the typical functions of the role, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of possible role responsibilities, tasks and duties and is subject to review. The responsibilities, tasks and duties of the job holder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, might form part of the job.
Who You Are
To qualify for this position, you must meet the following requirements:
- Degree from a vocational school or college with a focus in the Mechanical or Electrical field
- Completed apprenticeship or equivalent experience in the Mechanical or Electrical field
- Strong electrical experience preferable within a FMCG environment;
- Knowledge / experience of working with controls, analysing faults and providing solutions;
- Experience of both reactive and preventative maintenance;
- Good technical ability relating to automation hardware and software;
- Strong organisation and communication skills and the ability to work in a multi-disciplined team of varying levels of technical experience;
- This role involves working at height using a variety of access equipment, so you need to be comfortable working at heights;
- Flexible to working a shift based pattern including nights and weekends
This role will require flexibility due to us being a 24/7 operation and a shift pattern will be put in place that will require working days, nights and weekends.
This position is located in the Vaughn CA.
We have revolutionized the online grocery world. Our technology is at the forefront of our business and it’s the people, like you, willing to challenge the norm to come up with innovative ideas that have enabled this. We offer a challenge like no other, interesting projects to work on and a sense that you are part of a team doing something different. With this being our first site in Canada, you will be part of our success in a new country, with opportunities to develop your career within a structure path, whether it be improving your technical skills and ability or progressing into management roles. So what are you waiting for?
For a sense of who we are and what we deliver we invite you to explore online to learn more about Ocado Technology and Ocado Engineering, which directly support the Ocado Solutions division, and take the next step in what will be an amazing career with us.
Learn about our partnership with Sobeys:
- Ocado seals new international tie-up with Sobeys in Canada
- A sneak peek at the future of grocery automation in Canada
- Check out this video about our advanced robotics technology
Ocado Solutions values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.