“Ocado Technology, powering the future of retail through sustained disruptive technology innovation...”
We are pleased to announce the opening of our new Development Centre in London where you will play a key part in growing our Fulfilment department.
Ocado Technology is putting the world’s retailers online using the cloud, robotics, AI, and IoT. We develop the innovative software and systems that power Ocado.com, the world’s largest online-only grocery retailer as well as the global ‘Ocado Smart Platform’. With everything from websites to fully autonomous warehouses that we design in-house, our world-class talent constantly moves the goal posts of what is possible to achieve through sustained technological disruption.
We champion a value-led culture to get our teams working at their very best and to help create a collaborative working environment that our people love. Core values of Trust, Autonomy, Craftsmanship, Collaboration and Learn Fast help drive our innovative culture.
But don’t just take our word for it, have a look at what our people say about working for us.
Full Stack Software Engineer - Java & React - London (2 days office, 3 days WFH)
What does the team do?
The In-Store Fulfilment product focuses on fulfilling online customer orders in a retail store or a manual fulfilment centre. This will be a new team that is part of the Outbound area and will be responsible for a part of the Outbound domain that spans across planning, picking, buffering and dispatching customer orders.
What would I be doing?
You will be part of a team of 5-8 engineers, a Team Lead and a Product Manager. You’ll be working with the team to find innovative solutions to complex problems in a timely way, working together to deliver fantastic products and services that will be used by our colleagues and clients globally.
As you grow in your role, you will:
- Drive technical excellence within our teams.
- Be an example for other engineers to aspire to.
- Be a practitioner of clean code, and will contribute to the evolution of our Agile processes.
- Understand the value of continuous integration, continuous delivery and strive for a high level of automation.
- Participate in out of hours support rota where agreed.
What we are looking for:
- Proven Java programming skills
- Fundamental knowledge of ReactJS
- Experience designing RESTful services, with an understanding of best practices
- Experience with the full Software Development Life Cycle
Bonus points for:
It would be a bonus if you have experience with the below, but do not feel hesitant to apply if you don’t.
- AWS services, such as with S3, SQS, and SNS
- Spring Boot
- DynamoDB, or similar NoSQL databases
- Monitoring and supporting a live production system
What we offer you:
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. We can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and;
- Hybrid Working patterns (varies depending on your role/team)
- 30 days Work from Anywhere policy
- Wellbeing support through Apps such as Unmind and an Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days annual leave, rising to 27 days after 5 years service (plus optional holiday purchase)
- Pension scheme (various options available including employer contribution matching up to 7%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 22 weeks paid maternity leave and 6 weeks paid paternity leave (once relevant service requirements complete)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Opportunity to participate in Sharesave and Buy as You Earn share schemes
- 15% discount on Ocado.com and free delivery for all employees
- Income Protection (can be up to 50% of salary for 3 years) and Life Assurance (3 x annual salary)